Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: What have I done ? 2/3 of my Bankroll gone

I do not see how anyone so unable to see the world through someone else's eyes dares giving advice on a Psychology forum. Your post is a total BS because this ain't U.S. where you can flip burgers and then go play some 100NL for fun.

OP, don't let the pressure burn you because it isn't as big. Even if you log in a couple hours fewer/have to stay longer at lower limit, you are still doing pretty well compared to your peers. Allow yourself an occasional rest and as someone already said: One problem at a time. Good luck, the money will come sooner or later.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not see how anyone so unable to see the world through someone else's eyes dares giving advice on a Psychology forum. Your post is a total BS because this ain't U.S. where you can flip burgers and then go play some 100NL for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the US is the only country on earth where a man can't earn a living for his family without playing online poker?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the US is the only country on earth where a man can't earn a living for his family without playing online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it ten times and it still makes no sense to me, sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
So the US is the only country on earth where a man can earn a living for his family without playing online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is what you meant, I can only tell you that the U.S. is the only country on Earth where average people do not realize that one dollar can buy different amount of things in different countries.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 AM

haven't read the whole thread but maybe you should get a rakeback deal as a safety net. If you play that amound of hands, you should get the money you need to support your family from rakeback alone. I don't know if you have access to all sites from venezuela though.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:44 AM

and btw: I wish you all the best. I think you certainly play well since I have seen you regularly in the strat threads for a long time and I know that the hands you post are always pretty interesting and spark discussion.
Maybe you can try storing most of your roll in an eWallet and setting a deposit limit on the site you play on. That might be a way to control losses.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 PM

Hello, the man lives in Venezuela, and as he reports, he can get a job paying $400 a month -- the $2K he cashed out to help his family is real money there and undoubtedly made a real difference.

Sure, he tilted some and screwed up a little. If anyone says they never did the same, they're a liar.

He's going to grind back and be OK, just needs to be patient with himself.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not see how anyone so unable to see the world through someone else's eyes dares giving advice on a Psychology forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree w/this statement. jackall, your post lacks any empathy whatsoever.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you have two kids to feed, why don't you try to find an real job, rather than playing low limit NL poker or waiting for lawsuit money that may never come?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are times I would LOVE to play poker for a living, but I have three kids, a wife and a mortgage.

Get a job.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:08 AM

OP If you can able to play party poker and the rest of the sites then why play on stars? Open all the site and took all the reload bonus you can get. Clear bonus with softer site will help you rebuild your BR. Play @ stars FTP and ect. just b/c you have no other option. I heard party still have a tons of fish there. GL to you.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:56 AM

I played so many hands a day too. You have way too many swings especially if much of your bankroll is involved. 3 Hours of poker a day is the maximum I do especially because it is 6 tabling.

You are playing your best and making the most when your poker winnings don't affect your real life, and you don't depend on the money made from poker.

Poker money is the best to get wasted with.