Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: 50NL 99

on flop i raise or fold.

points for raising are
1. only 3 players here so this could be a cbet with air.
2. cbet is small and that might indicate weakness
3. texture of board hasnt hit any big card hands.
4. villians pfr is 8 so looks like he raises with more than just premium pairs.
5. even if villian has a strong hand this board and a raise from you (depending on image) is unlikely to please him. you raised on a threatening board against a pfr and cbet OOP against CO. that is a strong move. if your opponent thinks about such things.
6. you may be able to use futher straight or flush cards on turn or river as a bluff.

thats some good points for raising

points for folding.
1. CO might wake up with a hand (unlikely) as you have no info about his hand.
2. you might not be confident making big bluffs on future streets.

i think give'er especially if you have a read that villian can lay down...
Old 08-14-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So a small blind has T8s and tries a simple squeeze and gets called then cont. bets a low flop folding out 99

Not sure what I do if I am hero here, read dependant, but this is EXACTLY why cont. bets are so powerful

[/ QUOTE ]

cbets are powerful, but this is not an example of why. this is an example of why playing against weak tights is so profitable.

raise it up!

if i was villian and i knew what hero would do here with 99 i would make it 4$ pf and cbet $0.50
Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Raising > folding > Calling. If you raise and get re-raised then you can give up, but at least you will gain information for a relatively cheap price. If you call you get to see a card for cheaper that could give you a hand that can stack your opponent. But the chances are slim. If you hit a 9 and dodge a club you will most certainly win a lot against an overpair.If you hit a 6 or an 8 on the turn that's a non club you have 3 outs to draw to on the river for the nut straight and 2 outs to make a set. Again this isn't likely so I wouldn't call here. Folding is ok, since you will only lose your 2.50 but I think a raise is best. Raise it to ~$15 and if he comes over the top you are most certainly beat and you can give up. But I don't think you can give up in this spot with only 4 hands ahead of you and not really any information as to opponents holdings

[/ QUOTE ]

totally! calling is worst option. because of CO. i think if this were HU i would just float. but having CO allows us to put the squeeze on. think about it from villians shoes. pfr, BB calls CO calls, same flop, cbet, BB raises big time on a connected suited low flop which hits so many of the low PP's and SC's, i have shown moderate strength, and he made a big raise and without care almost of what CO would do... if i have AA here i have a tough decision.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Raising > folding > Calling. If you raise and get re-raised then you can give up, but at least you will gain information for a relatively cheap price. If you call you get to see a card for cheaper that could give you a hand that can stack your opponent. But the chances are slim. If you hit a 9 and dodge a club you will most certainly win a lot against an overpair.If you hit a 6 or an 8 on the turn that's a non club you have 3 outs to draw to on the river for the nut straight and 2 outs to make a set. Again this isn't likely so I wouldn't call here. Folding is ok, since you will only lose your 2.50 but I think a raise is best. Raise it to ~$15 and if he comes over the top you are most certainly beat and you can give up. But I don't think you can give up in this spot with only 4 hands ahead of you and not really any information as to opponents holdings

[/ QUOTE ]

totally! calling is worst option. because of CO. i think if this were HU i would just float. but having CO allows us to put the squeeze on. think about it from villians shoes. pfr, BB calls CO calls, same flop, cbet, BB raises big time on a connected suited low flop which hits so many of the low PP's and SC's, i have shown moderate strength, and he made a big raise and without care almost of what CO would do... if i have AA here i have a tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god someone sees it the same way I do. I thought I might be going crazy
Old 08-14-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god someone sees it the same way I do. I thought I might be going crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

FOLD EQUITY BABY!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 AM

Why would you raise here? Is it for value or as a bluff? I really don't understand.

Also, you're ahead of the range of a 19/8 and in position. Wouldn't that make calling a good option?

When you have this good of equity in the pot folding is pretty bad. I think you definitely have >35% equity vs. his range which makes it an easy call.