Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 09:58 PM

Default A BR question

Okay,
So I know for NL you want to buy-in for the maximum amount you can so you are not short-stacked and can maximize your profits. You also need 20 at least to 30 buy-ins for the level you are playing for good BR management.

For limit I also know that you need at least 200 and better 300 BBs for the level you are playing. Now this could of been said somewhere else and I just missed it, but how much should you sit with at a cash game short-handed or full-ring? Should it be 20, 30, or more BBs?
Thx.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: A BR question

Personally I buy in for the max or atleast enough to make me the big stack at the table. I also follow the 10% rule (never sit down with more than 10% of you're roll)
Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 PM

okay thx that is basically what i needed to know
Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so I know for NL you want to buy-in for the maximum amount you can so you are not short-stacked and can maximize your profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you are at a no max table? BTW, only the best players should cover the table.

[ QUOTE ]
You also need 20 at least to 30 buy-ins for the level you are playing for good BR management.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good conservative players can do with less. Winning LAG players need more than winning conservative players. For losing players, bankroll doesn't matter.

[ QUOTE ]
How much should you sit with at a cash game short-handed or full-ring? Should it be 20, 30, or more BBs?
Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean a limit cash game? You need enough chips on the table so that if the action gets capped every round, you are not all in. Usually, this means at least 12 big bets or 24 big blinds in games where there is a 4 bet cap.