Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 PM

Default so effing sick

Background: I've been playing lag pf but pretty tag post-flop and I don't think I've gotten out of line. The only notable hand I played vs villain was when I 3bet a 24Kr flop over his cmr w/ 42 and he folded. Villain has been playing fairly tight and has not gotten out of line from what I've seen. He is playing 2 tables, .75/1.5 NLHE and 3/6 PLO (so it looks like money isn't an issue). Below, are the only two notable hands that villian has played.

Edit - I should add that he 3bets pf a decent amount.

Villain is btn.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.75/$1.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $280.50
BB: $356.20
Hero (UTG): $404.65
BTN: $641.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.00</font>, SB calls $6.25, BB calls $5.50

Flop: ($21) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $21.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $69.00</font>, SB calls $48.00

Turn: ($159) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $565.95</font>, SB calls all-in for $204.50
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to BTN

River: ($568) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $568.00 ($2 Rake)

BTN had 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Nines full of Kings) and WON (+$285.50)
SB had 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and LOST (-$280.50)

Villain is sb.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.75/$1.50 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $730.40
BB: $233.50
Hero (BTN): $428.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, SB calls $5.25, BB calls $4.50

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $15.00</font>, BB calls $15.00, Hero folds

Turn: ($48) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $25.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $79.50</font>, BB calls $54.00

River: ($207) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, BB checks

Pot Size: $207.00 ($1 Rake)

BB had 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON (+$105.50)
SB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ([8h Jh] a pair of Eights) and LOST (-$100.50)

Now, onto the hand in question.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.75/$1.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $445.15
BB: $852.45
UTG: $260.40
BTN: $322.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB calls $4.50

Flop: ($12) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, BB calls $12.00

Turn: ($36) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $96.00</font>, Hero calls $66.00

River: ($228) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $312.00</font>, Hero pukes?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: so effing sick

wow, this is very tough

this turn action looks just like the flop action on the first hand. In the way that he made a raise about the same sizze with a monster. Hes made it known that he likes to play fast when he makes hands.

After hand1 i wouldnt think he has a set here. I dont think he would call a flop bet with 1010, or a gut shot. I dont think 10J would raise here. That being said i would call this turn raise and not go all in.

In hand2 he checked a 6high flush on a 3flush non paired board. This makes me think by his river action that he has a good flush. Also considering his river check with that flush that i would think he wouldnt bet two pair,set,str8, weak flush this strong. So that leads me to think that he has a strong flush. I fold river
Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In hand2 he checked a 6high flush on a 3flush non paired board. This makes me think by his river action that he has a good flush. Also considering his river check with that flush that i would think he wouldnt bet two pair,set,str8, weak flush this strong. So that leads me to think that he has a strong flush

[/ QUOTE ]

He was SB in hand 2. His opponent had the flush.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:05 PM

I would have 3-bet the turn. you're really deep and 3-betting the turn gives you the best chance of getting your entire stacks in the middle, especially since he seems like a fairly straight forward player and he's telling you he has a made hand on the turn. AJ/J9 are such a small part of his range on the turn, so yea, like I said, I'd 3-bet.

as for the river, it's a really crappy spot, i'm not sure what's correct
Old 08-14-2007, 01:08 PM

passively slowroll him

I mean, your not folding here :/
Old 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM

He three bets a lot, and you're 4 handed in a bvb. if you're read is right he dosn't have AJ, KK, 10 10 and unlikely that he has Axs. The hands that beat you on the river are j9 for a straight or the flush, and if he has it is unlikely that he has the nutflush due to your pf read and his aggression i.e he would 3 bet Axs. im finding it hard to believe he is floating you on that board if you havn't got out of line with something like 78s so tbh i think the only flush he could have is j9s . i think on the river the only hand i can put him on that you loose to is a j9 for the gutshot on the flop. i wouldnt say he has the flush as he cant have 10js and he cant have qx s and AXs is unlikely.sooooooooo i think if you are serious about folding then you should B/f river 2/3pot, but if you check, and given that he has been seen to rep hands in hand 2 etc i think you have to call here. its scary as [censored] but he is reping such a small range that i find i think you call off here with a set. i also like a check vs this vil if you intend to cet your stack in.

on another point the board has gotten scary as [censored] as well and he knows that, i think that he thinks that you've played the turn and river passively, have a medium strong hand but prob not a five card hand and so could be trying to jam you off it.

i'd call here- results?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM

oh and unless this is your line to get your stack on as you know he jams the river, then i like it. what were you;re reasons for not B3B the flop? any comments on turn play in general and would be interested to here about what range he's on. oh and one more thing, i think the prev hands show he can bluff raise and plays hands fast but dont think it tells us much about the river.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 PM

what do you think he beats you with?

As4s, J9, KK, AJ?

call.....
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM

no hero fist pumps and snapcalls.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and unless this is your line to get your stack on as you know he jams the river, then i like it. what were you;re reasons for not B3B the flop? any comments on turn play in general and would be interested to here about what range he's on. oh and one more thing, i think the prev hands show he can bluff raise and plays hands fast but dont think it tells us much about the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

sry [censored] this up. B3B turn not flop and i like the line if you want to get your stack in. hate it if you're planning on folding