Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Multi tabling advice

I had recently gone on a nice little roll with my SNGs and final tabling a few MTTs but dented my bankroll seriously multitabling. Is there some system to make multitabling work? If you can play well in SNGs and MTTs is it just a matter of time before you can multitable or can some people just not handle it?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Multi tabling advice

You gotta add them one at a time, and don't add one unless you're 100% comfortable with the number you're playing.

There was a longer thread on this recently, have a look through the past couple days worth of threads
Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can play well in SNGs and MTTs is it just a matter of time before you can multitable or can some people just not handle it?

[/ QUOTE ]
This depends on the player. While experience should decrease the amount of time and attention you have to spend on each table for routine decisions, some people will never be comfortable playing more than a few tables, while others manage 16. One guy I know 4-tables stud well, which is remarkable because it is important to watch and remember which cards people fold, and he does this while chatting, too. He's naturally fast like Robin Williams. Older people usually find multitasking harder than younger people do, although practice helps. The ability to multitask may start to weaken before 30.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:48 AM

I currently play about four tables worth of cash games at NL. I have little trouble playing multiple tables of cash, but I was terrible at multi-tabling tournaments--I don't know why I just found it hard to do. You can get yourself PAHUD to get better reads on other players, but I have only used this is cash games and don't know how well it works in tournaments where tables break up a bunch.