Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 06:14 PM

Default What the hell do you do with Small Flushes?

I'm having a real hard time with low suited connectors lately. Are these even worth playing in multi-way pots for flush value? I know its probably a bad run, as Ive had 7 under flushes in the past 3 days. I think I have to review my poker tracker data to see if limping these is ever profitable.

How would you go about playing this hand. Villian is an unkown who I have yet to play with, he probably views me as TAG, and I havent seen him get out of line yet.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 ($87.25)
MP2 ($311.55)
MP3 ($393.90)
CO ($296.90)
Villian ($278)
SB ($203.65)
Hero ($196.75)
UTG ($192.90)
UTG+1 ($410.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $2, MP1 calls $2, 2 folds</font>, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($11) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2</font>, MP1 calls $2, CO folds, Villian raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $12, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($39) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $30</font>, Villian calls $30.

River: ($99) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $70</font>, Hero calls $70.

Final Pot: $239

Sometimes I lead out on this flop, sometimes I check. How often do people lead out with draws like this?

Is this an easy fold on the river? As played it is fairly obvious I either have the flush, or am bluffing a flush on the turn. When he called my turn bet I felt he might have a better flush, or a set/2pair and would not pay off a sizable river bet; but that he might bet the river if checked too, thus I'm fairly certain I have to call this bet.

I also considered firing out a blocking bet of approximately $60/ and folding to an allin. Would that have been a better plan?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: What the hell do you do with Small Flushes?

With the gutshot 3 draw as well, I lead this flop for a PSB. If raised, I'll probably just call since stacks are still deep compared to the pot.

River blocking bet is the safest action here (but make it no more than $50), although check-call isnt terrible either if he'll bet Ax with a diamond or 2-pair/set.