Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 01:05 AM

Default FTP Midnight Madness Flopped Set on All Club Board

Would love some feedback on how I played this on all streets.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $50/$100
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4199
UTG+1: $2625
HERO: $4420
MP2: $4945
MP3: $3078
CO: $1710
Button: $5837
SB: $1170
BB: $1900

Pre-flop: (9 players) HERO is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $300</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1350, 4 players)
UTG checks, HERO checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1350, 4 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $300</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2550, 4 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $1700</font>, 3 folds.
Uncalled bets: $1700 returned to HERO.

Results:
Final pot: $2550
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: FTP Midnight Madness Flopped Set on All Club Board

bet more on turn, otherwise i like it.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 AM

Betting the flop multiway prob generates some more $$
Old 08-14-2007, 04:38 AM

Bet the flop, somewhere around 1k, betting weak just asks for good draws to call.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:14 AM

I hate checking the flop here, you're just giving every hand with a club a free chance to beat you while many people will be willing to get it allin here with a hand like AcTx which you're actually way ahead of.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:50 AM

yea i would definately bet the flop here to make big club draws pay for drawin to their hand and since they probably will, i would lead for at least 1k or so here and wats wit the small turn when u fill, i think u have to put in a big bet here to make it look like a steal wit a big club
Old 08-14-2007, 07:35 AM

here i usually bet pot sized on the flop, eventually i even overbet it, you got 3 opponents and so the probability that at least one of them has a club is very high. make them pay, if you get reraised you need to calculate the outs/odds - you still have outs for the boat, and get some more on the turn.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 AM

Pot flop because of monotone/mulitway board. Don't consider folding to a raise.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:06 PM

Bet at least 2/3 pot on the flop, don't let draws get in for free. I know you were going for the c/r, but its too risky here. Also, as others have said you'll get more value here with a bet because draws will call.

I'm not a huge fan of he raise PF. I mean this is a personal preferance thing, but I raise TT here, and call with 99 for set value. It's close, but especially with limpers I'd like to encourage more limping. 99 is gonna get in trouble a lot of the time on the flop, there's always gonna be overcards, and at least 2 other people seeing the flop with you. I think it's a spew.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet at least 2/3 pot on the flop, don't let draws get in for free. I know you were going for the c/r, but its too risky here. Also, as others have said you'll get more value here with a bet because draws will call.

I'm not a huge fan of he raise PF. I mean this is a personal preferance thing, but I raise TT here, and call with 99 for set value. It's close, but especially with limpers I'd like to encourage more limping. 99 is gonna get in trouble a lot of the time on the flop, there's always gonna be overcards, and at least 2 other people seeing the flop with you. I think it's a spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the raise 300 is kinduv ridiculous, you are inviting action with a hand not so great given your position; no way you are going to isolate UTG here and UTG can hit lots of stuff that beats your 99 as it is.

Please bet the flop - it's not only preferable, it's [censored] mandatory. 2/3ers the flop is fine, but I go for like 3/4ers, because you really only want 1 caller, and if you get 2, you want to price the 2nd one in for more. Also, 3/4ers gives you a nicer situation to bet the turn for more $$. Finally, and most obviously, you dread seeing a club on the turn + a 10 / Q non club isn't nice either.

CRing here is a bad idea. Your chances of having someone else do the bet for you is not as great and whatever you get in with a CR (if anything) you have can probably do by leading the flop/turn. Qc and Kc come for the ride when you bet for AT LEAST once street, most likely two. And Ac may come over the top, which is just fine.

Barry