Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 06:25 AM

Default 25nl - Flopped trips in unraised pot. Not the best kicker

Hi guys, I'm having a lot of trouble in these spots when faced with resistance. I have included results just to see if my thought process is correct. Keep in mind that I came up with most of these thoughts after the hand, not during.

First, here's the hand (analysis at the bottom):
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $32.35
BB: $24.40
UTG: $27.60
MP: $32.70
CO: $21.25
Hero (BTN): $36.50

Reads: Villain in SB is 45/14/1.5
Seat 6 is 78/9/1.3

I am running my normal tag game around 18/12/3

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6d 7s (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1.25) 6h 9h 6s (5 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00, BB folds, UTG calls $1.00, MP folds

Turn: ($4.25) Ts (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00, UTG calls $3.00

River: ($13.25) 2d (3 Players)
SB bets $9.75, UTG folds, Hero calls $9.75

Pot Size: $32.75 ($1.60 Rake)

SB had Td 6c (a full house, Sixes full of Tens) and WON (+$17.15)
Hero had 6d 7s (three of a kind, Sixes) and LOST (-$14.00)

From my blog
[ QUOTE ]
I think I botched this hand up pretty badly. Let's check it out so I don't screw up next time if that's the case. There's a few limpers pre-flop so I elect to just limp along too and see a flop. The players are really passive so I really can't stand to raise it up (even though I have the BTN. Their calling my pre-flop bet and my c-bet no matter what the flop is all I need to say in defense for that argument). We manage to see a flop and we flop trips. Good news, right? Well for now, yes. Lot's of checks so I bet out pot to start building a pot and two people calls. Ts on the turn doesn't mean much. Didn't make any straight likely, but it did give someone a back door flush draw if they hold two spades. I figure I am still best and bet out close to pot again and the same two villains call again. I think that is all fine, until the river. Gets a little tricky here I think. SB bet's out a decent bet. Not too large, not too small. Smells like a real value bet. I think the clue here is that he making this bet out of position against TWO players. The prospect of this is scary (if he is on a bluff) and I don't think I'll see anyone doing this without a hand. We then have to think what hands he could have. Well, he's representing 6 of sorts, possibly even have a hit a set of 99, TT or 22 on the river. 69, 6T, 68, 6J, 6Q, 6K, 6A all beat me. That's a lot of hands really. Let's see how I shape up against this range and other hands that I beat (i.e. the other 6's and bluffs) on the river. I'll add in a random hand to represent a bluff (it's always possible). I have about 33% in the hand. Uuck, didn't realise it was that bad. This type of situation definitly needs help. Any ideas appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments appreciated. These hands are giving me nightmares. You have a seemingly big hand but when faced with resistance if you stop to think, we aren't really beating a whole lot.

What do you think?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: 25nl - Flopped trips in unraised pot. Not the best kicker

its a bad spot, pretty much a cooler, you're limping in with 67o to try and flop a big hand or a big draw, this is a pretty big flop for you and i'll prob play it the same way. are you really worried about 99 or tt here? and don't think you can really worry too much about the case 6 outkicking you, but the SB's line is suspicious c/c c/c Bet. there's not many hands you beat but you've got to call it with no str8 to flush out. ul cooler
Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have about 33% in the hand. Uuck, didn't realise it was that bad. This type of situation definitly needs help. Any ideas appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a 16$ pot, plus his bet 10$

you're putting in 10 to win 26$ or 28% of the pot, with as you estimated 33% equity.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 AM

you said that the T didn't make any likely straights? The only somewhat likely straight is a 78 and that hit on the turn. There is a lot of fish at 25NL and someone could have been chasing that.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 AM

looks pretty standard to me