Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Did I Screw Up?

I'm in the 28K on FTP. We started with about 1400 people and we're down to 250. I have a healthy stack of 12,000 average being about 7,000. Blinds at 200/400 UTG limps and it is folded to me 2 from the button. I have Ac 4h and I make it $1000. Button calls (I dont like this) SB and BB muck and limper calls.

Flop comes Ad 4c 7s

UTG cks I lead for $1500 and button moves in. I insta call and button shows As 9s. Turn is 2s, river is 7c. Obviously a bad beat, but should I have been in the pot in the first place. I was obviously playing position and was hoping to get away without a flop.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Did I Screw Up?

If you are going to be in the hand raise to 1600, otherwise fold. 1000 is just spew with a4 against an UTG limper, what on earth makes you think that this size bet would make him fold? even if the BB doesn't come along for the ride (and he'd have the odds to with nearly ATC) the initially limper will be getting 3.3:1.

But really, fold pre-flop is better.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 AM

Yep. What he said. You have a decent stack. Just wait for a better situation.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 PM

Well I play a pretty aggressive style. I also like to get aggressive close to bubble since this is a good time to accumalate chips for people trying to make the money. I especially like to do this when I have a healthy stack. If an A hits I can easily get away with my 4 kicker. However you're right, if I'm going to bring it in for a raise it's gonna have to be more than 1000. That flop doomed me. That guy was such a donkey to move in with A 9, he doesn't beat anything.