Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Famous person BBV

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Played softball with Tracey McGrady, Mike James, Cuttino Mobley, Stevie Franchise, and some other Rockets scrubs. It was for charity. Most of them can't hit a ball to save their life.

Played golf with Roger Clemens & Andy Pettite when they were still with the Astros. Clemens can play, Pettite...not so much. This was for charity as well.

Shoved dollars down a strippers g-string with Chris Rock. This was in fact not for charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGrady can hit the [censored] out of the ball? I remember an ESPN piece where he said he was actually thinking about being a baseball player his whole life, they took him to the Astros stadium and he got 10 bp pitches and knocked 3 out with a wooden bat. Pretty impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is impressive. I would've thought he'd be too tall/awkward/thin to have that kind of power.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sold a t-shirt to Steve Alibini once and then exposed him on BBV4L, on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've conversed with Barry Greenstein, on the internet. He also came to defend me against a couple of douches in a few threads.

Saw Minnie Minosa when I sat behind home plate at a Sox game. A few people got autographs from him, but I didn't want to bother him during the game.

Tom Waddle (LOL) spoke to my 5th grade class DARE graduation.

For any independent wrestling buffs, "Sweet and Sour" Larry Sweeney stayed in a tent in my backyard with his girlfriend the summer before he went to wrestling school. He's an awesome guy.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 PM

I met shadow the hedgehog!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM

I have a good story from 30 years ago. In the 1970's the networks needed some sports filler for off season weekends so the Superstars competition was created (link to wiki) .

I grew up on the west coast of Florida and events were held about 45 minutes from my house. So my dad takes me, one of my friends and my younger brother to go see the competition and get autographs. Near the end of the day we are walking around admiring our Steve Garvey and Kyle Rote, Jr. signatures when I see Lynn Swann all by himself. My buddy and I rush over to get his autograph. He was very nice and accommodating (unlike Reggie Jackson).

My brother, who was about 7 come straggling up and hands Lynn his pad without saying a word. Lynne looks at him with a serious look and asks, "Do you know who I am?" My brother has no clue. Lynn keeps up the act for about 30 seconds and then flashes his trademark smile, asks my brother his name and kids around with him for 2-3 minutes. Eventually, the reigning Super Bowl MVP gave my brother an autograph.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Played softball with Tracey McGrady, Mike James, Cuttino Mobley, Stevie Franchise, and some other Rockets scrubs. It was for charity. Most of them can't hit a ball to save their life.

Played golf with Roger Clemens & Andy Pettite when they were still with the Astros. Clemens can play, Pettite...not so much. This was for charity as well.

Shoved dollars down a strippers g-string with Chris Rock. This was in fact not for charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGrady can hit the [censored] out of the ball? I remember an ESPN piece where he said he was actually thinking about being a baseball player his whole life, they took him to the Astros stadium and he got 10 bp pitches and knocked 3 out with a wooden bat. Pretty impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is impressive. I would've thought he'd be too tall/awkward/thin to have that kind of power.

[/ QUOTE ]

he played roger clemens in horse and clemens pitched to him in that piece
Old 08-13-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brag? - I had a beer with Ice Cube
beat - I paid for the beer

Met Thiesman before. He's pretty much a jerk.

I was also in a movie with Woody Harrelson, Courtney Love, and Edward Norton. I met and chit chatted with Woody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who did you play?

I love this movie BTW, mostly because I'm a hardcore libertarian/First Amendment fanboy.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:10 PM

I was a sports reporter for 5 years and interviewed quite a few famous people. Here are a few:

Former president Bush (41)
Jack Nicklaus
Roger Clemens
Craig Biggio
Vince Young
Andy Roddick
Old 08-13-2007, 03:15 PM

My favorite famous person encounter was meeting Ted Williams and Stan Musial sitting next each other. Musial whipped out his harmonica and played a song. It was awesome.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM

i have a few, my favorite is shaking hands with pee wee herman
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Played poker with Pat Riley at Harrah's New Orleans when the Heat were in town a few years ago.