Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

has dobieatwar changed his play in the past couple months or what? he was a joke when i played 100nl with him, and i saw him at a couple of tables one night at 200nl getting raped (mostly by me). i guess i just play back at him a lot and he always surrenders.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey I was just wondering if some of the NL200 regs could tell me how the games are? I currently play on stars and the games are great but hard to find 4 (good) tables at certan times.

Anyone crushing these games?

Whats style are most people playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

the tables are filled with way more regulars than on stars... most of the regulars are playing the classic 2p2 set mining 14/7 style...
nobody that i have seen is really crushing the game...
Old 08-13-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
has dobieatwar changed his play in the past couple months or what? he was a joke when i played 100nl with him, and i saw him at a couple of tables one night at 200nl getting raped (mostly by me). i guess i just play back at him a lot and he always surrenders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only been playing/datamining FTP 100NL since mid-May, and he's been excellent since then. I sat with him at a really rocky table full of bad TAGs last month, and he was constantly 3betting and just tearing up the table. I was the only person who ever played back at him, but he still gave me some problems. I've only played a few sessions with him, though, so I can't say for sure...I just know that he has been impressive when I've seen him.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never been impressed with dobie's game. Back when he was miniraising all the time pf I was raping him, but he has gotten a lot better and I'm still not impressed. I 3-bet him all the time and float the flop/fire turn against him as well, and he has yet to adjust to that. He's probably one of the better sLAG's at NL100, but I don't mind playing him with a bit. He's nowhere near what a good LAG is, someone like CURSE at nl200.

FWIW, I have him down $200 over last 5,700 hands.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never been impressed with dobie's game. Back when he was miniraising all the time pf I was raping him, but he has gotten a lot better and I'm still not impressed. I 3-bet him all the time and float the flop/fire turn against him as well, and he has yet to adjust to that. He's probably one of the better sLAG's at NL100, but I don't mind playing him with a bit. He's nowhere near what a good LAG is, someone like CURSE at nl200.

FWIW, I have him down $200 over last 5,700 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd trust your analysis over mine because I don't play at FTP all that much. He's #2 in earnings in my 100NL FTP database (behind you), and I've been impressed the few times I've sat with him. However, maybe he was just playing well/not spewing for the thousand or so hands I've actually played with him.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey I was just wondering if some of the NL200 regs could tell me how the games are? I currently play on stars and the games are great but hard to find 4 (good) tables at certan times.

Anyone crushing these games?

Whats style are most people playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had particularly good success in the past two or three weeks at these games. Longer term over about 100k hands going back to April I'm making 4 PTBB/100, although the past three weeks it's closer to 9. Certainly not sustainable though, as I can't pinpoint much to support why the winrate has improved other than just running hot. There are still plenty of fish in the NL200 game, and I see more and more new ones every day. That being said though, there are a ton of nitty regulars who have been discussed at length previously. If you can adjust to the type of player who constantly puts in position raises and continuation bets (but plays with no creativity whatsoever) you should do just fine.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw dobieatwar today at NL200 and have seen him there occasionally in the past. His minraising style is very unorthodox and quite frankly just stupid and more of an annoyance than anything if you ask me. However, I can honestly say that he's the only constant minraiser I wouldn't consider a donk, because his postflop play is generally very solid, and I think we all know that's far more important than preflop statistics. The guy knows when to get involved in hands and when to get off of hands. I haven't seen him enough to be able to give any kind of reliable winrate numbers. He did stack some donk today with a set when the donk called all in on an open ended straight draw. I checkraised him with top pair in that hand and folded to his shove.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:25 AM

Anyone got any idea how strong the 400+ games are?
I have just started datamining these games and they seem to be exploitable if you can avoid the short stackers / nits.

Thanks

Matt
Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never been impressed with dobie's game. Back when he was miniraising all the time pf I was raping him, but he has gotten a lot better and I'm still not impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this statement 100%. I like playing with him, i even have him buddylisted (and vizer [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img])
Old 08-13-2007, 02:21 PM

What's up lurker? Hahaha. You have me buddylisted? I'm glad you think I suck...hell yeah!!! So unsmart of you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]