Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which team gets the better deal?
Team A, not even close 5 45.45%
Team A 4 36.36%
Even trade 1 9.09%
Team B 0 0%
Team B, not even close 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Staking LuckyJimm - is this fair?

luckyjimm,

I have accounts on Absolute, Full-tilt, and Stars.
If I transfer you $150,(at one of the above) will
you post the results for everybody to read?

This would be entertaining for all of us.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:04 PM

lucky, if u've played thousands of hours, y not post ur PT graphs??
Old 08-13-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lucky, if u've played thousands of hours, y not post ur PT graphs??

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I only installed it last week. The thousands of hours of which I speak took place in the Internet rooms at the Gutshot and Western poker clubs in London, so no PokerTracker. It was a social activity for me, I'd go most days. Have stopped that now and just play at home.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckyjimm,

I have accounts on Absolute, Full-tilt, and Stars.
If I transfer you $150,(at one of the above) will
you post the results for everybody to read?

This would be entertaining for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, happy to try it on Absolute or PokerStars. I haven't seen the PLO games on Absolute, are they good?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never got the hate for luckyjimm. I am sure up to half of this site is just as degen or even worse. He is just honest about it which is a good thing. Getting staked could be very good for your game, as long as the money is not very much to the person who is giving it to you which it seems like it isn't. I wish you luck, and hope to hear reports of your robustoness soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol...from everything you post you have no idea how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play PLO

$50 to $4600 in 36 hours and I can't play? Yeah looking forward to seeing your results.

$4600 to $0 in two hours shows I have a tilt / game selection problem. But I can play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who plays enough and plays for rushes is going to go on runs like this. You're selecting one upswing to use as an example from who knows how many hands played. How much has this 'adrenaline poker' cost you overall?

I really hate to judge you from only one post .. but it sounds like you play poker the way TJ Cloutier plays craps. I'm sure if you asked him TJ would tell you he's a fantastic craps player and then rattle off stats of massive upswings that all of course turned into massive downswings owing to his "terrible luck".
Old 08-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Listen, this whole thread is ridiculous.
Gambling addiction is no different than alcoholism, drug abuse, etc., in respect to one thing, YOU have to want to change.
LuckyJimm has told us time and again how much he has run up his bankroll, only to bust it over and over. The mark of success is not how high or how quickly you run up your bankroll, it's how much you actually TAKE OFF THE TABLE and if you are able to keep yourself in the game by winning consistently and building up your roll enough to weather the inevitable bad runs. To me, the mark of a degenerate is the guy who blows hard about how much money he HAD, how he started from a small roll and made it huge in a short time. There is a reason these players have a small roll in the first place, and the occasional big ups they have are nothing but variance and running hot.
Nothing in any of his posts make me believe LuckyJimm sees his problem. He shows absolutely no bankroll management skills or respect for money at all. His sole contention of being able to be a solid winner this time around is that somehow, magically, he won't go on monkeytilt because he's playing on somebody else's money. This is laughable.

LuckyJimm I do not understand the hate a lot of people have for you in this forum, and I wish you no ill will. But looking from the outside in here, you have a problem and need to stop gambling. You did nothing but lose on your own money, and now you want to start being staked? I feel this is a horrible mistake on your part. If you've made the decision in your life to be a degenerate gambler, that's one thing. I'm afraid you open up a whole new area of pain and worry when you start borrowing from other people to feed your addiction. I know you say it's a stake, and the money is yours to lose free of charge but believe me, nothing in this world is free.

Good luck.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You did nothing but lose on your own money, and now you want to start being staked? I feel this is a horrible mistake on your part. If you've made the decision in your life to be a degenerate gambler, that's one thing. I'm afraid you open up a whole new area of pain and worry when you start borrowing from other people to feed your addiction. I know you say it's a stake, and the money is yours to lose free of charge but believe me, nothing in this world is free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude its like 500 bucks. I think the guy came to Jim first also.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You did nothing but lose on your own money, and now you want to start being staked? I feel this is a horrible mistake on your part. If you've made the decision in your life to be a degenerate gambler, that's one thing. I'm afraid you open up a whole new area of pain and worry when you start borrowing from other people to feed your addiction. I know you say it's a stake, and the money is yours to lose free of charge but believe me, nothing in this world is free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude its like 500 bucks. I think the guy came to Jim first also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's right - here's the thread:

http://gutshot.com/bforum/showthread.php?t=23619

But, a good and sobering post, Nicky. I've printed it out as a mark of respect! Of course you're right. I do get these hot runs from time to time and not once have I managed to use the big win as a bankroll for smaller tables. I want the rush to continue and hand it quickly back.

But next time, as they say, will be different! Hahaha.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm jumping on jims bandwagon. GL!