Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: how big a scumbag is my friend? you decide

2 dollars? Are you friends' names Mortimer and Randolph?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:43 AM

He bet you would win. You didn't win....

I have a group of friends that makes $2 bets on everything. Angle shoots are actually encouraged. Bets are carefully worded. Christ, it's $2.

Scumbag? because he knows how to gamble right? wtf? you guys are the ones being sore losers. the kid said "to win", you didnt win did you? well than it is a lost bet. Would I ever get emmotional abotu 2$? nah, but the kid isnt wrong.

someone said it earlier, but there are two types of gamblers, those that think it is some "noble endeavor" and those thing encourage angle shoots, and winning by wording. The latter is usually much much more fun, and more profitable.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:45 AM

like i said in the OP the money is not important. its the idea that the bet just went down casually where friend 1 offers a small bet to take greenmachine on the 18th hole. The fact that it was only 2 dollars made it very casual. I suppose if they were betting for a lot of money maybe the would have laid it out contractually, but it was so loosely put together.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
like i said in the OP the money is not important. its the idea that the bet just went down casually where friend 1 offers a small bet to take greenmachine on the 18th hole. The fact that it was only 2 dollars made it very casual. I suppose if they were betting for a lot of money maybe the would have laid it out contractually, but it was so loosely put together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really find this mentality weird for anyone frequenting a poker board. adjusting things based on how big the bet is doesnt make sense. When I bet, whether its just for [censored] and giggles or for serious money, I want to win above all else.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 AM

everyone involved totally agreed that by the wording of the bet friend 1 wins. We bet all the time and do not angle shoot each other. If there had been some past history of this then ok, but we have bet each other thousands of times and this is the first time any one of us has thrown a hustle out.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 dollars? Are you friends' names Mortimer and Randolph?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I thought. Since the wager was $2, obviously he thought it was understood that a tie meant he won. He isn't a scumbag at all. Now if the wager was an amount that was meaningful then shame on the idiot for bet the WIN to not clarify whether a tie was a push or not.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 AM

So yet again, you didn't win the hole, hence the bet was lost. Why the hell are you making a big deal of it?

- C -
Old 08-13-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone involved totally agreed that by the wording of the bet friend 1 wins. We bet all the time and do not angle shoot each other. If there had been some past history of this then ok, but we have bet each other thousands of times and this is the first time any one of us has thrown a hustle out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend should have said "If X wins, I get $2, if Y wins you get $2." Then its clear what a tie means. It's not like you guys never played the hole and he is saying "well we never played it, so he didn't win. pay up!"