Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Flopped boat with low pair

I can't get the Full Tilt hand history converted. Here is the hand an my notes. One thing I should mention is the stacks are a bit off. I checked the hand history and both villians had a tad less money than I list below. All the money went in though as played. I sent this as an email to a friend and don't feel like writing it again. Here is the hand.....

Interesting hand in my 2/4 Omaha8 game. The table is 5 handed. Me and three blatant donks and one player on the big blind that is unknown because he just sat at the table.

The hand went like this.....

Player A - donk who I have a history with(I've stacked him numerous times in 1/2) limps $4 from middle position. This player standard raises are usually min size raises or a bit more preflop and he will raise with decent starting hands. I should also mention that he views me as a donk. He has $320 in front of him

ME - I'm in the SB. I have 2445 and complete. I have $430 infront.

Player B - unknown. Just sat down and posted his first BB. Sat with $200

3 handed......$12 in the pot

Flop comes A A 4 with two clubs. Obviously that means little to me now but for purposes of the villians hands I'm including that.

This flop hit me pretty big but I'm out of position and it is very likely, possible that Player A has an ACE. Considering that I have the 2nd nut low draw though to go along with my full boat I don't think I should play this too cautiously. I decided check raise would give me the most information. I checked and to my surprise Player B bet the pot. Player A called. I think this can rule out that player A has A4 because i think he would jam it. Now to figure out if player B has A4. I check raised the pot and they both cold called me. I'm fairly certain now that my boat is good right now but it has to hold. It is also very likely that someone has 23.

Anyway...

Turn comes a J of clubs.

Our move?

Considering the information above it would have been a three outer. I don't see how we can slow down now. I bet close to the pot again....something like ~$110. Player B gets all his chips in there and then Player A shoves another $100 or so over the top of me. I didn't like THAT.

They flip over there cards..............

Player B - had 23xx...he might have made a flush but his call was pretty much a dead money play.

Player A - had Axxx........he made a flush...believe it may have been the nut flush. Thank god he didn't boat up

So going into the river I wasn't in horrible shape and in the contrary in decent shape.

The river made a low board and didn't fill the villian and I won the high and scooped the side low pot stacking the villian once again.

Player B won the main low pot.

Anyway....I think I played the hand standard, right? I'm just wondering if you would slow up on the turn because after my reads I felt the turn was a decent card for me. Against normal(good opponents) my turn bet also pushes out the 23 low draw.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Flopped boat with low pair

i usually try to play these fast too when I believe I have the best hand. unfortunately it's really hard to say what a safe turn card is other than 3 or 4 for you.

you can try to convert FTP hands here

requires a quick registration, but i haven't found any other converters yet.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:50 PM

standard
Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 PM

well thought and well played imo
Old 08-15-2007, 12:10 PM

hate these spots, and I'll never mind trying to keep the pot small. However your low draw gives you added equity, and I don't mind your play at all.