Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: 77 in 4 way multi

we need to raise the flop imo because there are a lot of hands that have 6+ outs vs us that will call 1 but fold to 2
Old 08-13-2007, 07:29 AM

you need to fold this hand, if he raised you, he most likely have a king, and a possible flush with other oponents in, I muck it every time
Old 08-13-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have limped preflop.

Flop raise looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM

IMO raising the flop is asking to put 3 bets in to see the turn. I normally hate calling, but I can't find a fold getting 14:1 and implied odds through the roof. Call and pray to hit gin.

And raising PF is dependent on who is UTG. FWIW, I doubt UTG1 has a premium hand, as he overlimped a poster, which is just crazy with a premium. However, I even further doubt that you're going to take this pot down without a showdown.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:31 AM

Id raise. The pot is huge and forcing out hands with 4-7 outs is a huge victory for us. This is a spot where im worried about winning the pot, not saving bets when Im beaten.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Id raise. The pot is huge and forcing out hands with 4-7 outs is a huge victory for us. This is a spot where im worried about winning the pot, not saving bets when Im beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. Are you really assuming that we're ahead right now?

If we're ahead, then yeah, we want to force out those 6 outers and get this heads up against a draw. But how often are we ahead? And how often will this force a better hand to fold? All 3 opponents could have a K (or better) here and likely will go to showdown with just one pair due to the pot size.

If we're not head, and are unlikely to make a better hand fold, then why, oh why, would we force opponents (read: implied odds) out of the pot and charge ourselves more (and possibly a lot more) to hit our 2 outer?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM

I have no idea why people wont raise this one preflop. Position against a weak limper and a poster. If we raise we can get it 3-ways and take down the pot without a SD a lot. If one or both of the blinds call we get 3 or 4 to 1 on our money with a good eq edge.

The flop is a raise IMO. The LRR by UTG+1 can be anything and this is a good flop for Hero. In a 13 SB pot it should be worth it to try and shut out people. If UTG+1 3-bets I would call for set outs and BDSD.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:10 PM

raise pf is standard. raise the flop to try and fold out the 6outers in the blinds.

I will say that I have noticed some fish lrr AA from UTG and MP at least 3-4 times in the last week. That is in the 5/10 games on FTP, and I would say at least 50% of the time the lrr has been AA. but that is pretty anecdotal evidence, and probaly doesn't really have any relevance to the thread.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. Are you really assuming that we're ahead right now?

If we're ahead, then yeah, we want to force out those 6 outers and get this heads up against a draw. But how often are we ahead? And how often will this force a better hand to fold? All 3 opponents could have a K (or better) here and likely will go to showdown with just one pair due to the pot size.

If we're not head, and are unlikely to make a better hand fold, then why, oh why, would we force opponents (read: implied odds) out of the pot and charge ourselves more (and possibly a lot more) to hit our 2 outer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not saying our hand is a monster and we're ahead a ton, just that the pot is so big that our main concern is maximizing our chances of winning and not saving bets when we're behind. I dont expect a better hand to fold either, but if it does its huge.