Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Preflop question

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with raising anything worse than AJo here.

Against these limpers they could have anything from crap to weak/semi-strong aces and middle pairs. These guys are very passive and usually very loose too. I seriously don't think you have an equity edge with QJs and the rasie won't make these bad passive players fold a hand when you bet into them if they have something.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising here isn't to make them fold
Old 08-12-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with raising anything worse than AJo here.

Against these limpers they could have anything from crap to weak/semi-strong aces and middle pairs. These guys are very passive and usually very loose too. I seriously don't think you have an equity edge with QJs and the rasie won't make these bad passive players fold a hand when you bet into them if they have something.

[/ QUOTE ]

but it's QJs!!!

here's the thing

QJs >>> 75o

I want money in PF when they have trash, and I have the nuts
Old 08-13-2007, 02:01 AM

This question depends on the players you are up against.

Chances are at 1/2 limit the players are gonna be really really awful. Calling down with any pair or really weak draws. Raising in the bb only makes the calling stations play better because they are getting odds to call down with anything.

You are better off to keep the pot small preflop most of the time, especially out of position, and then punish the mistakes in the later streets.

Most of the hands I would raise in the bb are either big pairs, big suited paint, or sutied connectors.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:02 AM

offsuit big hands like AT AJ AQ and even AK, go down in value with many oponents, and these guys could have anything too, 4 people is kinda multiway to me, you should only raise the big suited hands, and the big pairs, such as AA-QQ AKs AQs maybe AJs sometimes, with more than 4 oponents you can start raising the smaller pairs,
Old 08-13-2007, 06:10 AM

Raise anything that has a decent equity edge against a field of 4 and plays reasonably multiway. For example, AJo is usually too thin OOP, AQo is a clear raise and so is ATs (or QJs for that matter).

Also note that your range should be smaller here than for a similar situation when positioned on the button or CO, as we are playing OOP post-flop.