Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: 50/100 KK from BB - crappy board, two callers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think anything but a bet-call on the flop is pretty bad.

Think about the hand range that shoves over or at least calls a flop bet from you, and then think about how much of that range checks behind (mostly the part you beat) and takes a free card. c/c or c/r is wayyyyyyyy worse than bet, and your hand is too strong to c/f to one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I actually think hes extremely vulnerable here, and against the type of villains who call 1500 cold pf multiway, hero might want to reevaluate the likeliness of one of them making an aggresive move when he c-bets the flop . I think if the circumstances are right, bet/fold might be better than bet/call, which is why I don't mind the check. As played I think turn and river are good

would be interested in more input on this

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't run numbers yet, but I think I was right...

Maybe I'm being silly to not include AK in their range, but I just don't think they have it almost ever. Against all of the legitimate hands that beat us (TT+,QTs+,JTs,98s) we're better than 2:1 against, so with the size of the pot, bet-calling against only those hands isn't THAT -ev.

Then factor in the hands that can call or shove that we beat, KQ, KJs, AQ, KTs. Adding those hands in, we're 55% against the whole range. That's not to say those hands always get it in or always call, but I think most of them at least peel.

Factor in the times that we pick up the pot against hands like T9s, 77, AJs that have a couple outs.

When the pot gets this big preflop, you can't let people have free cards with a hand this strong. A lot of times you get it in bad (30%), but the risk is worth the reward.