Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: QQ preflop

[ QUOTE ]
wtf fold

[/ QUOTE ]

um no?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 AM

A raise and re-raise before you.. you're beat. Hope for a Q on the board.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:57 AM

You guys are reading the action right, right? There's a raise, two calls (!), and then we raise. From there original raiser folds! then button calls again (you think this is a slow played good hand??). The SB raises whatever the hell he raises with -- that he didn't the first time around. Range is monstrously large w/o reads.

Call all day long.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:07 AM

lol, snapcall.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 AM

This is uaually a move done by shorties with like AT. Proabably the same here.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I wouldn't think that they would think that Hero is squeezing here. What games are you guys playing where a reraise from the BB into three players is ever a squeeze?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? I squeeze this with SCs, etc all the time.

CO tries to steal, btn and sb just call.
No one probably has a hand.

You have to call now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So because you squeeze crap from the BB you think it's a common practice at microstakes? All I know is that in my time at 50NL and smaller, I've never ever seen a guy do this from the BB, seen the hand go to showdown and find out he didn't have at least AK.

Maybe my opinion is biased because I get coolered more often than you all. I used to make this call until I finally got tired of walking into KK/AA every single time.

Edit: I shouldn't have said never ever. I have seen a maniac once or twice do this. But that's not really relevant unless your opponents have reason to believe you're a maniac.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 AM

lol, you used to make this call. stop generalizing a situation that is pretty unique, i doubt you've had it more than 1 times in 50k hands (if you've played that many).

follow the action, and put your opponents on a range (hint: its pretty wide) of hands. don't automatically think you're beat because you're at a decision for all your chips.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, you used to make this call. stop generalizing a situation that is pretty unique, i doubt you've had it more than 1 times in 50k hands (if you've played that many).

follow the action, and put your opponents on a range (hint: its pretty wide) of hands. don't automatically think you're beat because you're at a decision for all your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about spots where someone doesn't reraise the first time around but then shoves after I make a reraise? That's happened plenty of times.

I did follow the action. You guys think Hero's 3-bet is inviting a shove from weaker hands. I don't.

But I'm glad I got into this thread. I probably wouldn't fold QQ here anyway because I hardly ever do. Now I'll be able to feel not so much like a donkey when it happens because I'll know most of you guys woulda called too.

I've been beaten by KK/AA with QQ in Button vs BB, BB vs SB, SB vs BB, any whacked out combo you can think of probably significantly more often than the average. I tend to assume people aren't putting buyins in preflop with weak hands until I have a read on them.

Given the discussion in this thread I think you guys may be right. It may very well be a maladjustment on my part.

Oh, and yeah I've played over 200K hands at microstakes. I haven't seen it all or anything but I didn't just start last month.

Also dude, why the condescension? Like, who the [censored] are you?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also dude, why the condescension? Like, who the [censored] are you?

[/ QUOTE ]He's somebody with 2x the posts in 1/2 the time so obv. he's better. Know your role, bitch.

ps: easy call.
pps: just because you know what a squeeze is doesn't mean that anybody you play with does. the people in the micros are clueless.