Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Top two pari with loose players giving action on the turn and river

Playing a no foldem 3-6 game in AC 6+ to most pots many player calling the flop with any 2 cards (it seems)...mostly passive ...

UTG 2 is very very loose , seen him cc raises with 73s type hands (tends to slow play to river ... Mid 1 can get a little agressive in relitive terms also very loose..and is getting short stacked...

I've been running card dead for 3 hours and getting a little fustrated but my judgement is still right on (and the world is flat) my table image is very very tight...though I get comments when I call a hand (I think I callded one in the last hour, but they still all play...in other words the usual..

I pick up AK on the button...(don't remember the suits though not an issue here.

4 players limp I raise sb folds and bb calls.

6 to the flop.....12 small bets..

flop is K T 3 (rain bow).

its k to me, I bet, Ug2 mid 1 and co calls...

4 players and 8 bb to the turn

Turn is an A giving

A K T 3

UG2 K, Mid1 bets co folds and I raised, ????....top 2 though possible straight on bored, Utg2 calls Mid 1 3 bets (he now had $10 left), I call as does utg2.

3 to river 17 bb....

A blank falls somthing like a 5...

river is A K T 5 3

Now Utg2 bo, mid raises all in for $4 more (more then half so I can be rr to $16....and what do I do (does not look good huge pot but could cost me almost 3 bets and these two are telling me they have a straight or at least a set...

'What do I do, and should I have raised the turn....
Old 08-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Top two pari with loose players giving action on the turn and river

The thing that makes this a little tricky is the middle position player. I would tend to discount him somewhat as low limit players down to their last few chips will put toss them in with just about anything. I like to turn raise. I would call the river given your read on the first player but would not expect to win the pot..jb
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Top two pari with loose players giving action on the turn and river

good turn raise.

You have to call the river. I'm not so worried about MP because he is going all in. UTG2 has me worried because of the unexpected bet. The only hand that the 3 helped beat you with are 33 and 24, neither are likely holdings to take to the river on this board. If he was slowplaying a monster his time to raise was on the turn, no question. I think he'll turn over a smaller 2 pair here enough of the time that you've got to call.