Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Keeping my mouth shut

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get out of that dumb ipod habit now. People will sit there and tell you all about how they play, but you'll miss it when you're ipod-ing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use my ipod when I play and I really feel it helps me. I put the volume low enough so that I can hear the music AND still hear the dealer and the players talk. You'd be surprised what people will say about you when they think you can't hear. I've heard people talk about repopping my next button raise over a bunch of limpers, tell their neighbor their hands after I made a big laydown, etc. And I can ignore people that want to ask me what my hand was by pretending I can't hear them.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Hero, that is utterly awesome, because live can be a grind but if the music is low enough that u can be entertained while listening to table chat, and the control u have if someone talks about making a move or discussing something they think ur not hearing could be +ev.

i'm going to try that next time live.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:23 PM

Table talk is my second favorite thing about B&M poker. Winning big pots is obviously first. The Borgata is my spot and some of the dealers there are jsut great. They really seem to bring life to dead tables sometimes. It makes it fun to sit and wait for the playable hands. I Will often engage in humorful banter with the dealers as long as they are competent. I dont mess with dealers that look like they are having a hard time, jsut move the button for them and say "Button is Good", They Appreciate it. When it comes to strategy, i usually don't talk to much of it.Its -EV (unless you give out selective info)

As far as sunglasses go, i thought it was "cool" but, i don't need them, I like to let everyone stare into my eyes for that read they aren't going to get.

Ipod : Nice thing to have when ur sitting for 12+ hours and you really do get bored after seeing 72o and 93o for like an hour. It relaxes me and gets me ready for when the deck gets hot again.

def gonna try the ipod thing with low volume next time...sounds +EV
Old 08-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Great advice from everyone thanks alot. Last night session I really concentrated on controlling my chat. Agreed alot with their fishy comments, talked a little sports, wore my ipod and sunglasses on/off-great session I believe my banter was +EV last night. I like to leave my headphones in most of the time but turn it off a good part of the time, especially early on in the session. I also like the ipod to deal with tilt, I crank it up and throw all my cards away except the nuts until I chill. Also like the ipod for long stretches of cold cards. I agree that sunglasses and headphones and I appear young gives me the "computer/tv pokerkid image" and I use that to my advantage, I think this is actually very +EV, so much I notice after 4-5 hours my earnings seem to be less EV (others reasons obv also) but I think after that time the rusty regulars realize I'm not one of those crazy internet/tv kids.