Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Standard Win Rate + Question

I know this isn't the biggest sample size, but after 9K hands I'm up 12.22 BB/100. This is playing 10NL on AP. My question is whether or not this is considered standard or should I be expecting something a little lower over the next 10K. I was actually at 15.5 BB/100 through the first 7K. And let's just assume I'm not a total donk.

My other question is just what kind of EV are hands like A2-A8 suited on the BTN with 4 limpers? Good enough to be in there just for flush cards?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Standard Win Rate + Question

I fold for the first question.

The second one : don't call, raise or fold. Raise if you think you have enough FE or they will stack off easily if you hit and fold if you don't think so. By the way A2s >> A6s.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:59 PM

My bb/100 is 14 and that is over 14k hands on Poker Stars at $0.02 and $0.05. I've been told that is solid so I assume you are the same since you're playing only one level above.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Okay, I've heard of fold equity, but I honestly don't know what it means. Just how willing opponents are to fold and the equity thereby gained?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 PM

12 ptbb/100h is certainly not standard but is sustainable at nano stakes for a very good player. That said, such a player won't spend much time at nano stakes.

Whether it is sustainable for you personally at this point is hard to say. If you feel like you are crushing the games and confirm that your net run in PokerEV is negative or around 0 then perhaps it is. It is more likely that you are running above expectation though.

Regarding Axs on BTN I'd always at least limp behind. Raising depends on what the blinds and limpers are and how likely they are to go away preflop or on the flop.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:14 PM

My bb/100 (regular, not ptbb) is 36/100 for NL5 for 9.2k/hands. This seems to fluctuate a lot, for the last month I think I had 15/100 while the last 2k hands have been at 50/100. Then again I lost a huge pot last month with a set, so had I won that I would have stayed at 40/100.

For NL10 its -18/100 for 4.3k hands (I donked of 4 bins in one badly played session and also had a 300BB pot lost to a three outer and generally played badly). I'm soon making another attempt, this time with a proper BR so that I don't have to play scared.

I limp suited aces in that spot, I don't think I have FE and I believe I will be dominated if I get callers. I also check the nut flush if it hits on the turn and expect to get more value on the river from weaker hands.