Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Moving from 10NL to 25NL

Hey all,

So I'm back in the game, for a brief while I was beating 25NL (about a year+ ago) over about 20k hands. Also been playing Live poker for about 5 years.. the last year due to career advancement and moving I haven't played. I decided to hop back in the game and practice much better BR mgmt.

I'm starting with $200 this go around and figure 10NL would be the best start with that much. (trying to keep 20Buyins) However I've not played this low in the past, running 2 or 3 tables right now and it feels like it will be an eternity before I build up enough roll to go back into 25NL.

Is it a playstyle difference between the two? I'm wondering if I should just go back taking a stab at 25NL to build up the roll but I really want to be strict w/ BR mgmt. Right now in the 10NL im about 20vpip / 10% raise. Only about 1k hands in thus far but I've only made 100BB ($10).

Just curious what others feel about these 2 limits. Eventually my goal is to regular the 100 or 200NL.

If there are any pertinent details to add, I will. Thanks for comments!

- Miles
Old 08-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Moving from 10NL to 25NL

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post7758748
Old 08-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Well If you've been busie making a career, then chances are you have 500-700$ to burn in which case I say, holla .. deposit and play 25NL

Else it takes around 20K or so to build from 10NL, which will take you a month or so playing 2-3 tables like you do.

Which in a year won't make much of a difference as you will be playing 100-200NL anyway, if you have the skill, but .. oh well, it can be frustrating
Old 08-12-2007, 01:14 PM

Just play nl25. It is ok to buy in for $15 or $20 when you have a low bankroll.

In that situation you should play tight and hunt down crazy players, until you have enough BR to start going back to a more aggressive style yourself. Best to avoid hero call-downs and big bluffs even though they might be correct with a bigger roll.

It works for me anyway when I am short of cash. I cash out with $200 remaining and play carefully at nl25 until it is back to $350 or so. Every now and then you lose the entire roll but the advantage is that you can build it up over a few days rather than a couple of weeks at nl10.
Closed Thread