Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Small Issue with Poker Grapher

I've just recently started using PokerGrapher and am having a small problem. I had just completed a small session before downloading it and it graphed that session fine - 975 hands. I've since played another 900 or so hands and it refuses to graph them. I set it to that limit only and it continues to just graph the first 975 hands.

The new sessions show up fine in PT but refuse to graph.

Everything in the options page looks correct, it's feeding off the correct db, set to show all hands, set to that limit only, etc...

Any other thoughts on what I could be missing here? Using PG v1.5.0beta.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Small Issue with Poker Grapher

Did you know you can graph inside of PT as well?? It isnt quite as fancy looking as PG, but it graphs whatever your PT Pref's are filtered for.

Go to Gamenotes page-
Click Get All in upper right-
Top left, row of buttons - s p r g g - click the 4th button (the first g)

As far as PG - I would assume it is something in the options page, hard to say without seeing a screenshot.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 PM

Are these new 900 hands in a diff DB? If so, have you set a Default User in PT? Also, are you running WinXP? Assuming true to all questions, try running PokerGrapher in debug mode. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Poker Grapher -> Poker Grapher (debug mode). This will create a log file PGLog.txt (usually located at C:\Program Files\Poker Grapher). Then paste the contents of the log file in a PM to me and I will see what I can find.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 PM

It's very nice how you've put in the work on pg cudjoebill - thanks.

Since you asked him about a pt default, would you consider making pg ignore whether or not there's a default pt db, if possible? I don't use a default and always get the pg "error, continue/quit" thing but it otherwise still seems to work fine.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:41 PM

No problemo, downrange. PG had been left idle for a long time and I stepped in to help out the community.

PG should still work without a default DB specified, as long as you have a Default User specified in each DB. Does it not work after the error message?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:15 AM

Yes, AFAICT it seems to work fine whether or not a default pt db is selected. It's just that every time I start it I get the MS .Net-based error "continue/quit" (I click "continue"); then when I click which db to graph it does it again (I click "continue" again and the graph seems to work fine).

But you just said something I never knew before, having default users defined in every db. That may be my problem. I have a couple observeds dbs (none of my own hands so am unable to define myself) and a handful of other miscellaneous dbs that don't have any default user.

I could go through them all and pick some name for the default and then I probably wouldn't get this error but IMM it would be easier for pg to not care in the first place because I'll always have to remember to always pick some random name for new dbs I subsequently create [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So, the problem isn't that I don't have a default pt db but that I have some dbs with no default user? Is that a technical difficulty not worth your time to work around (i.e., no pg requirement that all dbs have default user defined)? What would you think about maybe just ignoring dbs that don't have a default user and not even display those as options in pg?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 PM

I could work it so it doesn't care about a default player, however, the idea is to account for player aliases. By selecting a Default Player, Poker Grapher "pre-loads" that player and the aliases for that player. In theory, this makes it faster because you only need to select the criteria (limits, BB/100 vs. $, etc.). I am in-between versions right now, but I will definitely keep this in mind when I get to a new release.