Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV
This is clearly B, B, or V 4 6.35%
double you tea eff mate? 8 12.70%
TGIF Mate! 6 9.52%
BBV gets worse every day 14 22.22%
BBV gets better every day 10 15.87%
BBV got so bad it was good but now the downward spiral is like looking like Snakes on a Plane 2 starring Heratio Sanz (no samuel L= beat zomg) 11 17.46%
Danza, ysscky 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Ozzy87 busted for speeding

Good post Scientist. Plenty of us do things like this in our latter teen years. We forget he's simply a normal kid who is subject to the same social issues and downfalls we are, the difference being he happens to have an exceptional ability to go along with it.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Old 08-11-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this guy sounds like a piece of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

are u kidding? ozzy is the man

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno if you heard but HE BROKE THE LAW BRO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...right?

How can these people not know that if you BREAK THE LAW BRO, you're a piece of [censored]?

How's the weather on Venus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you guys will have a less nonchalant attitude after someone close to you is gunned down by some idiot doing 80 mph on a 35 mph road while stoned.

Also, the fact that people in this thread assume this is a race issue is a joke. Equally ridiculous is people saying the moral of the story is to not let cops search your car. No, the moral of the story is don't be stupid and drive like a maniac while high. At some point you have to take responsibility for your actions instead of thinking about ways not to get caught the next time you do the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

most people in the thread never said that he shouldnt take responsibility for his actions, just that you shouldnt, under any circumstances, give consent to a cop who asks to search your car/home.
The reason they are asking you is bc they dont have any grounds to search it legally, so they just prey on the fact that most people are scared and nervous around cops and will consent to just about anything when they ask. so yes, it is in fact, one of the morals of this story.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:25 PM

ban the polltard plz.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Second that motion. Stuff like this is useless and doesn't help this forum.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:17 PM

yeah but it's hilarious
Old 08-11-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] with me cuz I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every [censored] is sellin narcotics

[/ QUOTE ]

When some real gangster rapes your sister and makes you watch, I bet you wont be saying [censored] the police. You'll be crying about how they are never around when you need them.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did we move from vehicle searches to rape of family members? One of these things is not like the other...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:42 PM

How did we go from a cop doing what hes paid to do by the tax paying citizens of this country...to [censored] the police?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
> consenting to the chemical test was fatal.

At least for this, I doubt he had a choice after the weed was found in the car. In many states, it's handled the same way as alcohol: if you are suspected of drinking and driving (i.e., under the influence), you are obligated to take a breathalyzer (you can refuse, but guilt is assumed by law when you do this).

[/ QUOTE ]

Many states have a rule that evidence that a defendnat refused to take a chemical test may be used by a jury to infer that the reason why he refused that test was that he was intoxicated. However, the case is a lot weaker without a chemical test when its presented to a jury. Especially when it is DUI drugs you're charged with (as opposed to alcohol), when the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were under the influence of a particular drug, but has no chemical test to pinpoint which one.

[/ QUOTE ]
any good lawyer will tell you to refuse any test and take your chances in court

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me see, you have two choices 1. take the test and be guilty 100% of the time, or 2. Anything is better then #1

[/ QUOTE ]

Insist on a blood test. If they give you a paper to sign saying you refused the breathalyzer, write "I WANT A BLOOD TEST" and sign that.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
> consenting to the chemical test was fatal.

At least for this, I doubt he had a choice after the weed was found in the car. In many states, it's handled the same way as alcohol: if you are suspected of drinking and driving (i.e., under the influence), you are obligated to take a breathalyzer (you can refuse, but guilt is assumed by law when you do this).

[/ QUOTE ]

Many states have a rule that evidence that a defendnat refused to take a chemical test may be used by a jury to infer that the reason why he refused that test was that he was intoxicated. However, the case is a lot weaker without a chemical test when its presented to a jury. Especially when it is DUI drugs you're charged with (as opposed to alcohol), when the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were under the influence of a particular drug, but has no chemical test to pinpoint which one.

[/ QUOTE ]
any good lawyer will tell you to refuse any test and take your chances in court

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me see, you have two choices 1. take the test and be guilty 100% of the time, or 2. Anything is better then #1

[/ QUOTE ]

Insist on a blood test. If they give you a paper to sign saying you refused the breathalyzer, write "I WANT A BLOOD TEST" and sign that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on state.