Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Default dirty live call

live 1/2

7 players limp, i complete Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in sb

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead $15, CO minraises, I snapcall, everyone else folded.

8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I try to checkraise (probably too fancy, I wasn't playing well), he checks behind quickly.

K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I glance at the pot and bet about that many reds, turns out it was $75. he thinks for maybe 20 seconds, cuts out his 75, thinks some more, cuts out 100 more and bets.

Villain is a kid, 22 or 23, reversed baseball cap with the hoodie on, played tightish and not horribly, probably a breakeven internet player at 100nl, opens for $7 (lol) and gets mad when he gets called in 10 places, etc.

can't have a BPP, can't have AK. can have 66 or any number of spade draws. he could have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but he could also have a million others. I have no idea if he is capable of raising the river without a boat, a lot of live players just aren't. Its obvious that I don't have a boat, but im not convinced that he thinks beyond the value of his own hand.

getting 330:100 I called
Old 08-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: dirty live call

I'm not so sure about a number of assumptions you make.

Anyone who minraises this flop 9-ways is capable of limping preflop with a wiiideeee range of hands.

Also, leading this flop 9-ways with Q-high naked flush draw seems like a bad idea.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:36 PM

Oh wait, he's in the co so that's only 2 players left.

Still... seems pretty atrocious.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:01 PM

suggest a better line? i dont have time now because i just put like 30 minutes into the 22 thread that I hijacked. but i think the flop line is good even if it doesn't have fe. gist of it is it helps me handread on the turn. and i get less money in behind than a cr (no fe, overreps hand, kills action on a flush card because you've already overrepped, only point of a cr is to set up a turn semibluff imo).
Old 08-11-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who minraises this flop 9-ways is capable of limping preflop with a wiiideeee range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what you are trying to say. maybe his range is wider than I think (i've been burned before by trash two pair that i didnt think was in the range) but what do you think he's minraising with? A6 maybe, 66 sure, K6s? its possible. if his range is wider than this, would that SUPPORT a river call?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:13 PM

I'm saying AK is in his range.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:47 PM

ok..do you make the call? lets pretend KK/AA/AK is not in his range. do you still make the call?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Unsure. His line screams boat.