Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Can I be good here? Ace high facing c/r on turn.

The only way he can be bluffing here is if he is smart enough to realize that you are obviously bluffing. (and your bluff is incredibly obvious.) So you ended up against a 15 outer instead of a pair, congrats. I like villain's play on the turn.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way he can be bluffing here is if he is smart enough to realize that you are obviously bluffing. (and your bluff is incredibly obvious.) So you ended up against a 15 outer instead of a pair, congrats. I like villain's play on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand everyone thinking I usually run into a hand here. Can someone tell me what real hand takes his line after I check the flop. Who doesn't bet the turn in his shoes with a hand?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
figured it was a bunch of spew on my part. whatever, what fun woulf it be to play correct all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would make $$$$$ instead bof losing $$$$$ i agree this is a must c-bet flop must shut down after. as played easy easy fold.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand everyone thinking I usually run into a hand here. Can someone tell me what real hand takes his line after I check the flop. Who doesn't bet the turn in his shoes with a hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

777/888/444 i.e a tricky flopped set--I don't think all villains think that board is nearly as drawy as you do, that is if they even looked at the board after making their set, and it's not unbelievably rare for a tricky guy to check turn to induce your stab, especially if he thinks you're aggro.

222--same idea

Or most often he will show up with any piece of the board whatsoever or a diamond draw with Ad and has shoved mainly because your line looks so bluffy. Congrats on catching his semibluff, but IMO you were getting walloped by his range.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:32 PM

Yeah, cos that KJ could easily have been AJ...
Old 08-11-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...if you have AK this is closer to a call, maybe, because you beat some of his bluff range, but you're not even beating half of his bluffing range here. KJ is at the very very bottom of his shoving range, and even then you had to dodge 15 outs on the river.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...if you have AK this is closer to a call, maybe, because you beat some of his bluff range, but you're not even beating half of his bluffing range here. KJ is at the very very bottom of his shoving range, and even then you had to dodge 15 outs on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not enough closer to a call to even discuss calling w/ AK, IMO.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:01 PM

AK is ahead of any hand *I'd* have in villians shoes, but lots of villians can show up with lots of pairs/2 pairs/sets/straights so it's an easy fold in general
Old 08-11-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

777/888/444 i.e a tricky flopped set--I don't think all villains think that board is nearly as drawy as you do, that is if they even looked at the board after making their set, and it's not unbelievably rare for a tricky guy to check turn to induce your stab, especially if he thinks you're aggro.

222--same idea

Or most often he will show up with any piece of the board whatsoever or a diamond draw with Ad and has shoved mainly because your line looks so bluffy. Congrats on catching his semibluff, but IMO you were getting walloped by his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Plus, I lately seem to be running into a lot of slow-played aces limped in from EP.