Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Tell me about Seattle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Taco Del Mar is just kinda there. It's not great, it's not horrible. I think their burritos are ok, but I kinda hate burritos.

[/ QUOTE ]
The burritos are the only reason to eat there, and they are pretty damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]meh. Casa D's in Bellevue is much better for these style of burrito's. Taco Del Mar is pretty good though, but I rate Baja Fresh's better.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Taco Del Mar is just kinda there. It's not great, it's not horrible. I think their burritos are ok, but I kinda hate burritos.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]meh. Casa D's in Bellevue is much better for these style of burrito's. Taco Del Mar is pretty good though, but I rate Baja Fresh's better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard about Casa D's, but never been there. I'm not a fan of Baja Fresh at all. Anything better than Qdoba though, which unfortunately a lot of my friends seem to think is heaven come down.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 AM

So I'm thinking of coming to visit Seattle in the reasonably near future. Any recommendations on a good time to visit? Anything that'll be going on? I saw Hempfest earlier in this thread, but I think that conflicts with my schedule. Someone suggested Bumbershoot festival-- is that usually worth attending? Is there anything else I should know about? Etc.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:33 AM

Oh man, you missed the Bite of Seattle!

Come up here around Sept. 22nd, because I'm playing at Safeco Field then. :P

Never been to Bumbershoot. Seattle's a great place to do a wide variety of stuff. What are you interested in?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:34 AM

p.s. Qdoba is fine
Old 08-01-2007, 10:55 AM

GoT, to be honest, I usually order fish taco's at taco del mar.

Bumbershoot is pretty fun. That is labor day(?) weekend I believe. usually a lot of good artists performing. They have it at the Seattle Center. If you were visiting Seattle, I would recommend it.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] threadjack

Any 2p2 in Seattle interested in some live pokahs during the day/early afternoon this Fri/Sat? Red Sox Nation is in town, so so am I...

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, probably
Old 08-01-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard about Casa D's, but never been there. I'm not a fan of Baja Fresh at all. Anything better than Qdoba though, which unfortunately a lot of my friends seem to think is heaven come down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check it out when you get a chance. Had a double meat carne asada and chorizo with guac, sour, onions and cilantro for lunch yesterday. SO [censored] GOOD. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Casa D's.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm thinking of coming to visit Seattle in the reasonably near future. Any recommendations on a good time to visit? Anything that'll be going on? I saw Hempfest earlier in this thread, but I think that conflicts with my schedule. Someone suggested Bumbershoot festival-- is that usually worth attending? Is there anything else I should know about? Etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumbershoot is fun. Kinda getting to be on the expensive side though -- I miss the days when it was $8/day to go and kids under 12 were free. :P

http://www.bumbershoot.org

Lineup so far:
[ QUOTE ]
The Shins • Wu-Tang Clan • Panic! at the Disco • Fergie • Sean Paul • John Legend • Joss Stone • Kings of Leon • Crowded House • Lupe Fiasco • Gym Class Heroes • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club • +44 • Steve Earle • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Andrew Bird • DeVotchKa • Eugene Mirman • Devendra Banhart • Ted Leo and the Pharmacists • Zap Mama • Gogol Bordello • The Frames • Ian Ball (of Gomez) • Lyrics Born • Kill Hannah • Art Brut • Norma Jean • Anberlin • The Gourds • Head Automatica • Barrington Levy • The Avett Brothers • Tokyo Polic Club • Aqueduct • The Greyboy Allstars • Roky Erickson & the Explosives • Menomena • K'NAAN • The Damnwells • Bouncing Souls • Soulive • The Apples in stereo • The Holmes Brothers • John Wesley Harding • My Brightest Diamond • Bert Jansch • Alison Moorer • Yunghchen Lhamo • The Watson Twins • Ryan Shaw • Floater • Mae • The Horrorpops • Magnolia Electric Co. • Mocean Worker • Sam Yahel Trio • St. Vincent • Rosie Thomas • Joan as Police Woman • Ian McFeron Band • This Providence • The Aggrolites • The Receiving End of Sirens • Gabriel Teodros • Honeycut • Seaweed • The Saturday Knights • Viva Voce • Ohmega Watts • Rose Hill Drive • The Mother Truckers • Honeydripper All-Stars • Schoolyard Heroes • Stars of Track & Field • Grand Archives • Kultur Shock • The Cave Singers • Greta Matassa Quartet • Bloodhag • DYME DEF • D.Black • Tiny Vipers • danger:radio • The Lashes • Night Canopy • The Blakes • Smoosh • The Cops • North Twin • Carrie Akre • Siberian • David Jacobs-Strain • Step Cousins • The Trucks • Das Llamas • Fleet Foxes • The Whore Moans • The F**king Eagles • The Pharmacy • Mono In VCF • Iceage Cobra • Book of Black Earth • Natalie Portman's Shaved Head • Lillydale • Central Services • Darrel Grant Trio • Sneaky Thieves • Adrian Xavier • Robbie Laws Bigger Blues Band • Deardorf/Peterson Group • picoso • Victor Noriega (Trio + 2) • The Bad Things • Lazy Bones • Forgotten Sol • For Years Blue

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob
Old 08-11-2007, 04:07 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

The burger hut on the ave is awesome. I was walking home drunk once and got the guy to trade me a burger for a half a bottle of wine.
Pagliacci is great, so is flying pie pizzeria in Issaquah
For steak I prefer the met downtown to daniels but it's not like daniel's isn't plenty good.
People are generally smart in Seattle (in direct contrast to Vegas)
There's a baseball stadium directly across the street from a brewery.