Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Default did i play my baby pair right in bb ?

Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com
UTG+1 (t3445)
MP1 (t3700)
MP2 (t9170)
CO (t9440)
Button (t2975)
SB (t6505)
Hero (t3230)
UTG (t3830)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>,utg + 1 calls t200, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3230</font>, SB folds.

utg + 1 calls
Old 08-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: did i play my baby pair right in bb ?

i take flop here like 98% of the time
Old 08-10-2007, 08:49 PM

i think you have to check this and play for set value here, you're getting called too much and without antes, this pot isn't worth the risk
Old 08-10-2007, 08:59 PM

Are there antes? BB = 200 is usually when they start, and the converters don't always say.

Edit: Even if there are antes, I would go with check to setmine. Without antes this is pretty ugly, I think.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 PM

i don't think it's necessary to raise 16BB here to win 3BB, a raise of 3-4BB will have the same effect, and you still can win the pot postflop if someone likes to call you.
i don't mind a raise with your small PP in the big blind, it's more aggressive, but you punish the limper and will win a pot most of the time.
i do this sometimes to vary my game, specially if i have a tight image, while normally i just check and mine for a set.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:08 AM

I always do this late game if I have notes on the limper that say 'olf' (open limp fold), or if his stats indicate he limps a lot. This is a bit early, but its fine with a read like that. If he's a loose limper, it cuts down on your implied odds as well. If you think he is tight, then you are most likely being trapped and have mega implied odds. Check, lead most flops(edit, unless you hit obv), shut down to action.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:14 AM

I think this is entirely read dependent, on both you and the rest of the table. I'll pull this off if UTG will limp weak cards and fold to a raise, and stacks are a little smaller. If you or the table has been relatively aggressive, he could be setting some sort of trap. Most of the time, with these relative stacks, I just call here, but with a good feel for the table, my weak tight ass might get a little crazy.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:08 AM

i think this play at the next level wit antes would b an ok play but if this pot doesnt have an ante, then i believe it is an overbet to win wats in taht pot
Old 08-11-2007, 08:04 AM

i hate a check here and here's why i don't have a big stack in comparison to field i need chips my hand will lose all value after flop if i dont set. i have seen nothing tricky from this player . i shoved he called w JACK SEVEN SUITED and WAS REWARDED .oh well . i was surprised to see most of you liked the passive check in this spot. i don't like a standard raise here bc donkeys call and i have no idea where im at.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate a check here and here's why i don't have a big stack in comparison to field i need chips my hand will lose all value after flop if i dont set. i have seen nothing tricky from this player . i shoved he called w JACK SEVEN SUITED and WAS REWARDED .oh well . i was surprised to see most of you liked the passive check in this spot. i don't like a standard raise here bc donkeys call and i have no idea where im at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am surprised at that as well. He must have been a loose limper if he was limping J7s, did you have any stats on him or anything?