Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 01:48 AM

Default two live 2/5 hands

I'm at a rockford charitable games event and playing pretty aggressive. I've shown down very few hands, but the table knows I'm being aggressive.

first hand I have $750, villain covers.

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and raise from two off the button - the button, who is up a ton but has only shown down solid hands all night makes it $60 to go. He's followed most raises with a c-bet. I call and the flop is k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, he checks behind which was a little weird.

turn is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I checked again, hoping he'd bet. I probably should have bet here for information but I failed to do that. He bet $60, and I probably made another mistake in just calling this. My thinking was that he is probably folding AA/AK/all worse hands to my raise and is reraising AQ, KK, and 77.

river was a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I thought about betting $120 or so and getting called by AA and AK but I felt like those were the only two hands I beat that just call the river. I debated whether to go with a bet/fold, check/call, or check/raise. I ended up deciding to check. If he bet a small value bet I was going to make a small value raise in hopes of getting called by AK and AA. If he bet $200 or less I was going to think about it and probably end up calling.

He pushes all in for an effective $700... Aren't KK, KQ, AQ, and maybe 77 the only hands he plays this way? Is this a fold?

A few hours later I have the same image and Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the small blind. A guy who has been raising liberally, but generally playing solid, raises in MP to $20 and gets two callers. I call and the BB folds. The flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I lead for $50 and only the raiser calls. Turn comes T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I bet $100. The raiser calls and we see a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river. I check and he bet $300.

thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: two live 2/5 hands

With hand one you've underrepresented your hand so severely that you have to call.

Fold hand two.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:42 AM

hand 1 - bet turn and river. I'd feel good about getting my stack in.

hand 2 - check call turn. As played the river's an easy fold.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:47 AM

preflop sucks in hand 1, I mean you flopped trips and look what happened? how are you going to turn a profit in the long run with this hand?

river 2 is an easy fold, turn bet is kinda meh unless you're really sure he's not raising you
Old 08-09-2007, 05:34 AM

I agree that I really, really underepresented my hand in the first hand.

You usually fold AQs to a three bet, soah?

second hand, river is easy fold, I agree. Why is my bet on the turn not so good?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:19 PM

check the turn in hand two. Judge by his bet. If its weak/one pairish, checkraise all in. If not, you got a free card and he likely doesnt have many outs/you were behind and needed it.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:21 PM

your plan on hand one is correct. Villian foiled it by shoving, so now its time to reevaluate. His hand range is weighted to KK and missed flush draws basically. There are few flush draws for him to have so I muck. Incidentally, not sure how much you raised preflop, but if it was like 15 and he made it 60, you should be folding OOP against a tough opponent.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:20 PM

You really need to lead the turn in the first hand IMO. If he calls, and shoves over your river bet, you can probably fold pretty safely.

fold second hand......and I like the turn bet.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Calling a solid player's RR pf HU out of position with AQ is not the way to make money. Especially at Rockford, he probably was the only other good player at the table and you want to play big pot with him out of position with AQ? Save your money for all of the morons that play that game.

As you played it, lead the flop! Slowplaying puts you in tough spots when you under represent your hand.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:44 AM

If I have 88-TT here, is it okay to call a r/r out of position against a solid player?