Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Whats the best country for online poker?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply 4thstreetpete [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually I didn't think of climate being a problem yet. But really cold winters aren't for me either. Are the winters in Vancouver milder?
What is the best/simplest way for a Canadian to deposit money on a poker site?

...and Australia might also be a pretty good choice for a poker player [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The winters in Vancouver is much milder. You're also always around nice scenery like mountains, parks, beaches etc. It's beautiful. I would describe Toronto similar to a cleaner New York. You will find all kinds of entertainment and nightlife to fill your boat no matter what tastes you have.
Lets just say if you wanted to look for a game, you won't have any problems finding any. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for depositing, I've never had any problems using any credit card. We can pretty much use any E-wallet except Neteller and Firepay, there is a big thread in the zoo so you can find more information there.

It's funny how there are people thinking of moving to Canada while there's many Canadians thinking of moving to the UK. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised PP is still allowing you guys to play. I guess they are more lenient because you make up such a high percentage of the players and it could be somewhat devastating to let you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something really weird happened a few days ago. I was on 2 25/50NL tables on party made up of all the same people at night. One person spoke up and was like, "hey, everyone on this table is from Canada." Sure enough we looked around and this was true. It was really bizarre, someone thought a lot of europeans were banned. Nobody knew what was going on.

We talked about a lof of countries being banned on party but nobody knew the whole story but yea it seemed like a bunch of countries got banned.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 PM

KKF, I don't want to jinx it but I really can't see why Party would pull out of the Canadian market. We don't really have any laws against online gambling at all. The laws in Canada are actually pretty liberal. The Neteller decision to pull out of Canada is a real head scratcher here because nobody really seems to know what the real reason is.

I guess anything can happen as evident by Party banning so many countries but when you turn on the media, ads for pokersites are all over the place. You really can't escape it.

If party keeps pulling out, soon only the UK would be left.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I live in HongKong can I play on party poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:43 AM

Can anyone give a little more insight to living in austrilla. I've been considering it but want to hear from someone who was from US and moved there for over a year.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:54 AM

I dont think theres benfit to moving to Aus to play for u americans, ull still have to pay tax to ur government unless u never want to see america again as far as I know

but yeah, Aus is a very gambling friendly nation, and we aussie players have it really good down here, timezone isnt too big a problem either, just means we have to wake up at 5am monday morning for teh sunday tourneys