Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: nut flush on a paired board

Yeah, you should have 3-bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would have just called any non-K diamond river if you had led...that card was really annoying. Great to meet you, you play really well.

Also, someone else cold-called before you. I remember because it encouraged my decision to call before the flop. The SB folded, I think.

CB, I definitely call 33 OTB with three people in before me and the blinds likely to come along (at least one of them).

EDIT: the guy who cold called the raise before PJ folded on the flop, so he wasn't a factor beyond that.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Does he cc pf w/AA? no, 33 maybe, 44 possibly, KK no, A3 or A4 unlikely unless their suited but even then Aragon prolly knows he's dominated and toss them. Does he ever fail to raise the turn w/any of these hand, definatly not. He's in prefect position to do so b/c he's got both you guys trapped for one more bet.

The only hands I can see him playing like this are suited connectors like JT, T8s, or maybe some other lower connectors that his their flush on the river. 3 bomb him here b/c he should have a flush more often than a boat.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM

Also, the guy calling cold shouldn't have scared you IMO. He's check/calling with a boat after opening UTG and leading the whole way, then freezing up when the flush hits? His hand could have been face up as a frustrated AK or AQ...awful overcall, but as you said, he was weak.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:45 AM

I can't find a hand you lose against unless aragon loves missing bets preflop or on the turn. Feels a little like he could have JTd
Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Aragorn does not call the flop with 44. I doubt he calls preflop with A4 or A3 even if they are suited.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 PM

I agree with the other's, Aragorn has either 33 or JTs/T9s. With JTs he basically has the second nuts (you don't have a boat), and I would raise you on the river too if I had JTs in position against your semi-random hand.

I think this is a fairly easy 3-town. If you get 4'd, I would lean towards folding.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:44 PM

I had J9d. I think my river raise is definitely correct, as PJ could have had a lot of diamond combos (given he was in for $30 via post, he calls with lots of hands like T8d, 67d, and even some weaker hands). If the river had been a low diamond, I would have just called, as his range is now much more likely to be King or Queen high flushes. I was 98% sure he had a flush of some kind.

I probably fold to a river 3-bet against Joker, but it's close.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:28 PM

Insta-3-bet.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider this the opposite of the hand Heisenb3rg just posted.

Reads:
EP - bad, a little too loose, a little too passive, not at all creative
button = 2+2er Aragorn, tight and aggressive
BB - stupid

I miss the blinds and post 6 chips in the cutoff. EP raises, I call with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Aragorn cold-calls on the button, BB calls. (The SB might have called too, but if he did he folded on the flop so ignore it).

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to EP who bets, I call, Aragorn calls, BB calls.

Turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB checks, EP bets, I call, Aragorn calls, BB calls.

River is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. BB checks, EP checks, I bet, Aragorn raises, BB folds, EP cold-calls...

Who calls and who 3-bets, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3 bet here. First you may have the best hand. 2nd, if Aragorn is full or has quads he will probably not make it four bets because he wants to keep the fish in. Plus if he lets you keep the lead you could bet into him on the river where he'll get the chance to raise you then if he wants... although he may again decide to go for an overcall from the fish.

But, basically, you are getting money from a third party here. Take it. I don't think a strong player with a stronger hand than yours will try to knock out the fish in order to get another bet from you on the turn.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise so fast my hand starts to bleed. If he was full, you would have heard about it on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]