Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
One last comment on this trainwreck, although it has been alluded to: standard female game is more deceptive and manipulative than standard PUA game. If you don't realize this you are naive as [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. They are so far ahead in the game without half-trying that guys are pretty much in the stone age by comparison.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:34 PM

It's remarkable but not surprising that Anacardo's threads have easily the highest post/thread count of any others in OOT. Maybe he should consider why. Seriously, you could start a thread titled "midget strippers doing blow off of Jessica Alba's titties trip report (with pics)" and it wouldn't get nearly the responses of your average Cardo thread.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KKF,
that kitty picture right there, f'ing genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're called lolcats, I've heard they're pretty popular these days on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give Diablo a break, he's an old man, he's probably never seen a lolcat before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuk Tuk - well, I think it's fairly transparent why Ana's threads draw so much attention. Seems like alot of posters see themselves in him a little. Most don't want to help him, they just want to articulate the things they want for themselves. Ana is just the vehicle to express these feelings and ideas.

Mix in the people who actually know Ana IRL who are bitter / annoyed with him for whatever reason... boom! 500 post thread.

-Al
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 PM

DrewDevil - reading list directly from you please.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure he is asking you what books he should read based off of your posts in this thread, but who knows, maybe he's asking who the Mets' home run leader was in 1976. Sometimes I misinterpret stuff.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly, I read the articles at fastseduction.com. The Game by Neil Strauss is a pretty good account of a guy who went from a zero with women to one who could pick up just about anyone. I also bought and read "Double Your Dating" by David deAngelo, and it's pretty good, I guess, though simply being "cocky and funny" is not really enough.

Always
Be
Closing

is even more important.

But reading is really just the first step. You really have to decide to change who you are, I think. You really have to quit worrying about what other people think of you and especially not worry about what the girl you're flirting with thinks. That is the killer.

Once you can truly "move through the world without apology," women will respond. 100%.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 PM

kkc,

I was providing awesome lolcat links to 2+2 way back when you were just a little kid!

It wasn't the lolcat, it was KKF's perfect selection and timing.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:13 PM

Part of me can't believe I am about to let myself get drug into this quagmire, but here I am. I've tried to read original posts/the thread, but then I get tired head and head somewhere to go talk to women. Or drink. Or both. My first question is qhy OP is asking all these questions to begin with. Is he an aspiring PUA?

[ QUOTE ]
1) Take the theoretical, stereotypical PUA critic, sort of a mock-up of the stock criticisms. The guy who won't / can't pick up some random club girls on a regular basis, but at the same time justifies his unwillingness / inability to do so for moral reasons. If he can't pull it off anyway, is there any actual merit to his whole song-and-dance about 'I don't choose to behave that way,' or is it just a cop-out? Is there any actual merit, from a moral standpoint, in refusing to do something that one would likely not be able to pull off in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's a huge difference between "can't" and "won't" Can't implies someone willing to, but unable to. In that case, this is all learned skills. The whole point of learning the skills, in a comprehensive fashion, is to learn to turn "can't" into "can". The guy who is a critic and "can't" is someone who simply hasn't reached far enough yet.

"Won't" is a totally different ballgame. Odds are they simply have a horribly incorrect preconceived notion about what being a PUA is, so they dismiss it all and choose to protect themselves in their own perceptions. Is there moral merit in either of these positions? Absolutely. From the individual's point of view and perceptions of what "moral" is.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Assume the simplified version of the PUA universe-as-applied-to-women is valid: All Women Are Like This, This Is What They Want, Do This Or Become A Monk. (This assumption is kind of a stretch.) Suppose, furthermore, God Himself came down from Heaven, put His Finger in your face and said: My Son, PUA is Unlawful In My Sight. Your choices are to be 'bad' and bang MAWs, or be 'good' and live a lifetime of frustration and lowered expectations. Which do you choose? Why? Which is better? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making a universal assumption about the PUA attitude that is entirely incorrect, hence your question is invalid. You might as well ask "The sky is purple, and that causes birds to secrete acid, would you exterminate birds?" Well, this is a cute mental exercise, but it is only that. It has nothing to do with reality. I wonder why you perform such mental masturbation, to be honest.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be interesting to have the slightest hint of female perspective on any of this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knock yourself out

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW I used to spent a lot of time at TWoP and can say with certainty if you ever want to know what frumpy women and/or gay guys are thinking, read those forums. It's overrun with misogyny, almost all of it from jealous catty bitches. If you search those forums for the phrase "eat a cheeseburger!" your computer will probably melt down.