Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 03:06 AM

Default nl25 Trip aces in blind

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $34.40
BB: $24.85
UTG: $60.50
CO: $24.65
BTN: $21.40

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is running at 29/9/11 over 85 hands</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($0.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $21.15</font>, Hero ???

What should we be thinking? What hands is he doing this with?

Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: nl25 Trip aces in blind

Let's say he has Ax

From which aces u win? A2 A3 A4 A5
From which aces u lose? A8 A9 AT AJ AQ AK
Other hands u lose from? 66
Other hands u win from? Everything else
----&gt; 5 &lt; 7 ---&gt; -EV?

Because villian has shown a lot of strength, I think u should let it go.

Now there's still the question shouldn't he raise A9 AT AJ AQ AK 66 in a 4handed table? :x
Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM

i'd raise preflop, crappy open limper.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 AM

I'm with Nemesis here, you're very likely behind. There's a chance a pocket pair or a weaker ace does this and I think his AF makes this a possibility. Especially since he shouldn't have AJ+ here, I'd expect him to raise that preflop. So, given the likely range he openlimps the button with, you're not in bad shape (unless he likes to be "tricky"), but his minraise/4bet-shove looks like you've run into a monster. Minraises and 4bets in combination are usually a sign of the perceived nuts - they'd like your whole stack and they try to lure you in.

I might be wrong on this, but I think the real question in this hand is more like "what hands isn't he folding in the first place". You have to bet that flop but I'm not too sure about your 3bet here. The minraise itself, especially if it's without thinking, is sometimes kind of a bluff, but if you 3bet here you're creating a situation where it's highly unlikely that you get paid by a weaker hand, but were your opponent has the position, the potsize and likely the hand to get a big chunk of your stack.

So, why not call his minraise and see what he does on the turn? You're not too worried about a cheap turn card, if he minraised with a hand you beat, there isn't that much to help him in the deck.