Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Isn\'t it time for people to know how to design websites?

It takes a lot of time and dedication to become a good website designer. I don't think schools can teach how to build a good website, they can only show you the tools, teach the html/css languages, but you will still need to spend a lot of time learning yourself. Not everybody can be a good website designer which is probably why there are so few of them.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not everybody can be a good website designer which is probably why there are so few of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is completely untrue. I'd say just about anybody can learn to be a web designer doesn't take a crazy amount of creativity or anything (obv. some will always be a bit better than others). And there is a surplus of them if anything.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not everybody can be a good website designer which is probably why there are so few of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is completely untrue. I'd say just about anybody can learn to be a web designer doesn't take a crazy amount of creativity or anything (obv. some will always be a bit better than others). And there is a surplus of them if anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think part of website design is having a decent artistic/aesthetic eye for it, and being able to translate that vision into code.

Not anyone can be a good artist, musician, sculptor, etc, and webdesign is no different.

I think there are TONS of website designers, but few that I would actually want to pay money to.