15 18 7.29%
16 39 15.79%
17 54 21.86%
18 51 20.65%
19 47 19.03%
20 22 8.91%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Who will win: Dog or Football team?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it's just one dog vs the team, I pick the team. They should be able to just line up and form a pretty tough barrier for the dog to get around.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fairly tough to do across a whole football field. Pretty sure if the dog knew what he was doing he could out-flank them and score. Once he got around the edge he's gone. Or if they spread too far he can scoot through the middle.

Also the out of bounds problem is simple, just put up some walls or a fence.

Football team in full pads would be a nice advantage for the dog.

Screw the dog carrying the ball in his mouth or even at all. Strap it on his back if you want. The ball is not really relevant here. Let's just say tackle the dog is the objective.

Dogs are faster, quicker, can corner tighter, can switch directions on a dime, and are lower to the ground than humans. I'd say a well trained dog could do it most times.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you pick a fast breed, team has no chance. I've seen Barry Sanders split not 2, but 3 defenders with no blockers, and a fast dog is faster and corners MUCH faster. And you can't just surround 'one spot' from 60 yards away. Dog goes up one side, tacklers merge to that side of field, dog cuts back and outruns/thru the remaining 3-4 guys to easy TD.

Have you ever owned a fast breed like an italian greyhound? You can't tackle them, no chance. You might need 20 guys or more.

The 'take out the legs' comment is hilarous, you'd have to go so low and dog would leap right over you ftw.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:03 AM

the football team can line up a few feet apart and cover the entire field...then as dog gets closer they can shift left/right depending on where dog is positioned and block his path
Old 08-10-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the football team can line up a few feet apart and cover the entire field...then as dog gets closer they can shift left/right depending on where dog is positioned and block his path

[/ QUOTE ]

And the dog will turn around and run the other way and most likely corner them once they are out of position.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Everyone picking dog is stuck in football mentality where every inch matters and defenders lunge at the football carriers. If the dog wins only by scoring a touchdown, the team doesn't have to chase the dog they can let the dog come to them.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the football team can line up a few feet apart and cover the entire field...then as dog gets closer they can shift left/right...nd block his path

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There will be 13' of space btw each defender even using the sideline for coverage. A dog running 30-40mph streaks through there with unbelievable ease, guys can't cover that space and then dive low-enough to grab the dog in a split-second, plus the turning/cornering speed mentioned by everybody with a brain.

Someone said Greyhounds can only run 38-40, not 45. Wrong.
Wiki [and others] "Greyhounds are the fastest running of all dogs, with their long legs and lanky frames. They are commonly known for their use on the racetrack, where they can reach speeds up to 45 mph (72 km/h)."

Anyone who wants to lay 9-1 against the Greyhound, I'll do it for as much $$$ as you want, pick any 11 guys you can.

Most NFL return men do not run a sub 4.30 in full pads, that is ridiculous.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the football team can line up a few feet apart and cover the entire field...then as dog gets closer they can shift left/right...nd block his path

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There will be 13' of space btw each defender even using the sideline for coverage. A dog running 30-40mph streaks through there with unbelievable ease, guys can't cover that space and then dive low-enough to grab the dog in a split-second, plus the turning/cornering speed mentioned by everybody with a brain.

Wiki [and others] "Greyhounds are the fastest running of all dogs, with their long legs and lanky frames. They are commonly known for their use on the racetrack, where they can reach speeds up to 45 mph (72 km/h)."

Anyone who wants to lay 9-1 against the Greyhound, I'll do it for as much $$$ as you want, pick any 11 guys you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

golden retrievers, which was stipulated by the OP run 20mph. why do you people keep changing the OP? And LOL at thinknig a greyhound who can reach up to 45mph (which I disputed, but I defer as I looked at only a handful of sites that said 40), juking and turning etc. Its a lot different than getting a head of steam built on an open track.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:50 PM

also, dog whistles ftw.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY THE HELL DO YOU KEEP BRINGING UP GREYHOUNDS ARE YOU RETARDED
Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Because Guids, and many others, have said 'a dog,' and then he said the greyhound couldn't juke anyway
ARE U RETARTED YES U R SO STFU BYE.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Guids, and many others, have said 'a dog,' and then he said the greyhound couldn't juke anyway
ARE U RETARTED YES U R SO STFU BYE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nver said they couldnt juke, learn to read. I said they couldnt juke and keep up a 45 mph pace.