Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Okay, lets RETURN THE WELL (again)

"What's the difference between a sloppy LAG and a good LAG?

What are the standard leaks in a sloppy LAG that are plugged up to make someone a good LAG?"

Bump for bond, dunno if you missed it.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 AM

Who would win in a fight between Bond and Bourne?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 PM

Bond,

How did you find custom suits in China? I got one in South Korea I'm happy with for $200, but I wasn't looking for top of the line. Friends who went to China seemed to get similar quality for $120. There must be somewhere there you can get the equivalent of an insanely nice designer suit for $350?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM

My questions:

What are the top 3 mistakes you think mediocre/ average (not total fish) MTT players make?

What are the 3 most important things you think you've learned to make you a better MTTer?

Nice Well Bond, ty.

PS Note to mods: Please make Bond the honourable exception to the new 'No druggie posts' rule - his stoned TR was the funniest thing I've read on 2+2, ever.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who would win in a fight between Bond and Bourne?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends, in a fist fight its gotta be Bourne as those movies use the editing tricks where they like speed up his movements, plus Bond wouldn't want to get his Saville Row dirty. In a gun fight i'll go with Bond, seeing as he shoots like 20 guys a movie despite his gun having like 8 bullets in the clip.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:03 PM

"What's the difference between a sloppy LAG and a good LAG?

Post flop ability and knowledge of pot odds. Also, good LAG's know when they have to shut down post flop and bad ones keep spewing.

What are the standard leaks in a sloppy LAG that are plugged up to make someone a good LAG?"

Sloppy LAG's limp to much and cold call in spots where it can't possibly be profitable. They also continue bluffs when they've reached a point beyond hopeless, and to often station people with mediocre holdings where the person is obviously value betting them.

Bump for bond, dunno if you missed it.

Sorry about that.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bond,

How did you find custom suits in China? I got one in South Korea I'm happy with for $200, but I wasn't looking for top of the line. Friends who went to China seemed to get similar quality for $120. There must be somewhere there you can get the equivalent of an insanely nice designer suit for $350?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't,i got mine in Vegas or Melbourne.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 PM

My questions:

What are the top 3 mistakes you think mediocre/ average (not total fish) MTT players make?

This is very particular to the individual player, but some things i could give you are:

1. They don't question their motivation for an action. When you do something you need to know why your doing it, what your trying to accomplish.

2. They don't have a plan. You see guys do something then when the villain reacts how they didn't expect, they sit there tanking on whats often an obvious decesion. Obviously you can't anticipate everything, but you also shouldn't be totally clueless when villain reacts in a way you weren't hoping for.

3. They turn hands with showdown value into a bluff. I see this all the time. You need to ask yourself if your hand can showdown and win a good % of the time, and not just bet bet bet mindlessly.

What are the 3 most important things you think you've learned to make you a better MTTer?

1. An understanding of stack sizes and how they affect options.

2. Hand reading post flop and what kind of lines people take with what kind of hands.

3. An understanding of hand ranges and how the affect your equity. Whip out pokerstove everytime you get in a situation your not sure of and start figuring it out.

Nice Well Bond, ty.

PS Note to mods: Please make Bond the honourable exception to the new 'No druggie posts' rule - his stoned TR was the funniest thing I've read on 2+2, ever.

Thanks for the compliment, but also the mods said it was okay in TR's.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bond-

Why do I get anxious and spew off an above-average stack 6.5 hours into an MTT? Why don't I trust that my abilities (which carried me past 2000 players) will be good enough to beat the remaining 15?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause your getting nervous and apprehensive near the big money, and especially afraid that you'll blow it, which becomes a self fulfilling fear. Instead, ignore all that [censored] and just concentrate on 1 hand at a time, making optimal decesion after optimal decesion.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 PM

Bond-

-Will you trade 100$ of yours on FT for 100$ on PStars? :P