Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Stars $109 HU hand.

Stars $109 HU with P0ker D0h. He had been aggressive the entire final table so I had to widen his hand range going into heads up. This hand happened with me having 40bbs plus ante's. So I'm effectively 35bbs deep. He had me covered.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t16000 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t598764)
Button (t871236)
SB: 8000
BB: 16000
Antes 1600

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls t8000, Hero checks.

I preface the way the hand was played from here by saying I suck at HU. Unfortunaly I don't get here enough playing MTT's to be able play 35bb stacks HU correctly.

My original thought to the flop was that with 35bbs and an aggressive opponent I would be willing to get it all in here with top pair. I assume he allways bets here when checked to therefore I decided the most aggressive route would be a check raise with the intention of calling a shove.

Anyway he just calls the check raise and we go to the turn.

Flop: (t25600) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero????

<font color="black">The turn card gives me 8 more outs with the open ended straight but also completes a potential flush draw or possible straight draw.

What range of hands to you put villian on in this spot and what's the best way to play from here with that in mind. </font>
Old 08-09-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Stars $109 HU hand.

What's the turn card and what's the size of the pot/your stack on the turn?

edit: guess the turn was 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 AM

you messed up posting the flop and turn action here somehow dude
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the turn card and what's the size of the pot/your stack on the turn?

edit: guess the turn was 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. Forgive me but I had been out and was [censored] up last night when I posted this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here it is with the corrected flop action from memory and the turn card.(Don't have the HH with me but this is within a few dollars of correct.)

Stars $109 HU with P0ker D0h. He had been aggressive the entire final table so I had to widen his hand range going into heads up. This hand happened with me having 40bbs plus ante's. So I'm effectively 35bbs deep. He had me covered.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t16000 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t598764)
Button (t871236)
SB: 8000
BB: 16000
Antes 1600

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls t8000, Hero checks.

I preface the way the hand was played from here by saying I suck at HU. Unfortunaly I don't get here enough playing MTT's to be able play 35bb stacks HU correctly.

Flop: (t25600) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks.
Villian bets 30k.
Hero raises to 105k.
Villian calls.

The pot is now around 245k and I have 475k behind.

My original thought on the flop was that with 35bbs and an aggressive opponent I would be willing to get it all in here with top pair. I assume he allways bets here when checked to therefore I decided the most aggressive route would be a check raise with the intention of calling a shove.

Anyway he just calls the check raise and we go to the turn.

Turn card - 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="black">The turn card gives me 8 more outs with the open ended straight but also completes a potential flush draw or possible straight draw.

What range of hands to you put villian on in this spot and what's the best way to play from here with that in mind. </font>
Old 08-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Check-call is best at this point, I don't think you can get away, so this gives him a chance to bluff at the flush if he had some other draw (98?) and keeps his range as wide as possible.

But against an aggro opponent leading flop is much better than c/r'ing. Let him raise with air or draw and then you can 3-bet him. Your leading range should be much wider than your c/r range, which means he can play back at it with a much wider range. You have a good hand but you are over-repping it and allowing him to fold a lot of the stuff you want in but continue with stuff that has good equity.