Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 05:17 AM

Default Re: NL600 4bet push on flop with air

[ QUOTE ]
this is beyond terrible imo. His range is sets, big draws, and QQ+, and he calls your push with everything but QQ. And he's never bluffing either.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
14/8 TAG regular raises UTG, he's probably at widest on TT+, AQ+, no? Maybe we can throw in a few more hands here since we only have 2k hands with him but VPIP and PFR converge pretty quickly so I think this is a realistic range.

OP has the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so if this range is right villain can't have a flush draw. Our only real problem with the bet is that it looks so much like a draw that the villain may call with an overpair. I'd like this move much better if you actually had the combo draw or if the board were rainbow.

As is I think your only real question is does the villain call this push with big overpairs, and I think that depends on his perception of you more than anything else. I think more often than not a TAG finds the fold button with aces in this spot so I think this is a profitable play. That being said you can only pull this move so often before he starts calling you down, so I'd save it for a rainbow flop when we're a lot more confident he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty much exactly what i was thinking.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you had AA, would you play it the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]

This cant be a good move in the long run. Hell, in the short run.
I understand the 3-bet on him and all, but the rest really baffles me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was just because of the villain. I really dont play back at him much at all, so this was just a good opportunity on a board like that. Im not trying to rep AA or KK, Im just trying to rep a hand that beats his overpair, and don't want him drawing if he has a flush draw. But I obviously know he doesnt have a flush draw since I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], therefore he cant really call me with anything if my rep is what I think it is.