Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Re: Nobody expects (the accusations) of the Spanish Inquisition !!

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll think this through and come back later

Don't worry he's not off the rack yet, Ted Forrest is guilty alright.....it's just that you lot can't see the wood for the trees [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ted Forrest is guilty alright.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I heard, but only time will tell if it ever comes to light.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 AM

It be so much cooler if this thread was about Ted Forrest's various exploits gambling. Which are decidedly more interesting than whether or not he is social at the table.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Ted Forrest

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, he is really bad at holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate........

[/ QUOTE ]

One example hand from WSOP 5k SH event. All 6 players on the table were thinking and aggressive players, none of whom prone to spewing (cept maybe me.)

In the hand before this one, seat 4 had bluffed seat 3 out of a pot on the river and shown, which makes me think the chance he's 3 betting seat 3 light even less than usual.

Blinds 100/200

Seat 3: ~10000
Seat 4: ~15000
Forrest: 3600

Preflop: I fold, seat 3 raises to 600, seat 4 3 bets to 1800, Forrest in seat five jams his 3600 in there with 22 and of course gets called.

When the table looked at him quizzically he mumbled something like "i figured they both had overcards."

That is just one example of a day filled with that kind of thing.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate........

[/ QUOTE ]

One example hand from WSOP 5k SH event. All 6 players on the table were thinking and aggressive players, none of whom prone to spewing (cept maybe me.)

In the hand before this one, seat 4 had bluffed seat 3 out of a pot on the river and shown, which makes me think the chance he's 3 betting seat 3 light even less than usual.

Blinds 100/200

Preflop: I fold, seat 3 raises to 600, seat 4 3 bets to 1800, Forrest in seat five jams his 3600 in there with 22 and of course gets called.

When the table looked at him quizzically he mumbled something like "i figured they both had overcards."

[/ QUOTE ]

This has got to be that Ted wanted to bust out early. Maybe he wanted to get in a particularly juicy cash game. Maybe he was exhausted, needed sleep before another more important event.

I can't he believe he would legitimately make a play like that. C'mon man, Ivey, Lederer, etc. trusted that guy with millions against Beal.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate........

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds 100/200

[/ QUOTE ]

This has got to be that Ted wanted to bust out early. Maybe he wanted to get in a particularly juicy cash game. Maybe he was exhausted, needed sleep before another more important event.

I can't he believe he would legitimately make a play like that. C'mon man, Ivey, Lederer, etc. trusted that guy with millions against Beal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he was just playing badly.

Those same guys let some drunk dude play for them as well... poker players are stupid with money, and the higher you get the more stupid they are.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:08 AM

IDK, he seemed totally calm and focused to the table, he was just playing super bad. He was constantly calling raises out of both the SB/BB and trying to outplay people OOP post flop, even in spots when it was totally hopeless.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It be so much cooler if this thread was about Ted Forrest's various exploits gambling. Which are decidedly more interesting than whether or not he is social at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, like what?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:45 AM

A lot of big name pros are willing to gamble early in tournaments in an attempt to build a monster stack or bust out and head to the juicy cash games in the area.

This is one example of Forrest doing just that.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:15 PM

Ted Forrest is one of the sharpest minds--ever. He has +EV reasons for every single thing he ever does at the table.