Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Landlord Issue....Advice Needed

[ QUOTE ]

All you [censored] who insulted me really have no frame of reference without knowing local laws. I also do not know these laws and part of the post was to find out what these laws are and where to find them online.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we don't know why did you ask us?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:59 PM

let this be a lesson to people considering getting a rental unit lol
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try to fix the outlets yourself while standing in the water that you are "over-paying" for.

In case of electrocution, both problems solved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2007, 07:25 PM

OP,

I hope you run the water 24/7 and get charged for half of a $600 water bill.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM

Building codes apply to the number of circuits and outlets, load, distance from each other etc.

Whether they work or not is a landlord/tenant responsibility. Using extension cords as permanent replacement for outlets is usually a building code violation, and always a fire hazard. Tell this latter part to your landlord.

As for the water issue, your landlord is being lazy since you can meter units if you really wanted to. Unless your neighbours are the fire house, I wouldn't worry about it. And incidentally, unless you own a well, water doesn't get there for free.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Here is the exact text from the lease.

"Tenants are responsible for

(other items)

Cold Water (~35$ 1/2 of total bill)
"

So, I can accept that I will pay 1/2 of the total bill for cold water. Thats fine. I accept that. Insult me please for accepting that. I love insults.

http://www.phila.gov/water/pdfs/QA_h2o_bill20070701.pdf

That is a brochure from the Philadelphia Water department that, among other things, breaks down a typical water bill.

Is there an argument for only paying half of the water section and not half of the sewage portion? My lease says nothing about paying for sewage. Sewage is waste water, not cold water. Amiright? Please tell me to kill myself when you answer this portion.

Also, since the lease says "~35", can I assume that means approximately in legal sense? So that the 1/2 of total bill supercedes the approximation? My grandmother has Alzheimers. Maybe you [censored] can make fun of her when you answer this question.

Listen, [censored], I dont like this landlord. Usually, I am not that much a nit, but she is a really nickel and diming my girlfriend and I on every issue. Id like to return the favor.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Holy crap, get off your damn cross. You were acting like a complete douche over the whole water thing, stop getting mad that people were pointing it out and mocking you for it.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, get off your damn cross. You were acting like a complete douche over the whole water thing, stop getting mad that people were pointing it out and mocking you for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt. OP, did you ever stop and think why everyone is tearing you a new one? take a sec, maybe reread all the posts, maybe rethink how you're thinking, maybe even take a long look at yourself and how you act.

if 30 people call you a douche, maybe you are acting like one.

and on the record i believe i just called you a nit, but after that last post, you are acting quite douche like.

also, you suck at OOT.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 AM

OP, I think you should sue Coke Zero for "taste infringement."
Old 08-09-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt. OP, did you ever stop and think why everyone is tearing you a new one? take a sec, maybe reread all the posts, maybe rethink how you're thinking, maybe even take a long look at yourself and how you act.

if 30 people call you a douche, maybe you are acting like one.

and on the record i believe i just called you a nit, but after that last post, you are acting quite douche like.

also, you suck at OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm looking for is opinions regarding the issue at hand. I dont care what people think of me. If 100 degenerates think Im a douche, fine, but if 5 give some insight into the issue, then I'll be happy.

I honestly think the majority of you are very miserable, but regardless if you are miserable, you can provide some opinions and maybe some past experiences with similar issues.

Moreover, while the insults are useless to forward this thread (including ones from the mod), Im not just going to take it.

Like I said, I think most of you are douches as well, but that is ancillary to the fact that I think you douches can still help me out with this.