Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Re: FT 25nl Flopped set line

[ QUOTE ]
how could you ever, ever EVER even think about ever, ever, EVER folding here? the only thought that needs to go through your head is how to get villians money in the middle and what type of tiger woods fist pump you're going to do.

and as far as BB repoping...no one 4 bets at these stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking on the preflop, not the flop, let's make that clear here. Folding PREFLOP is okay due to the hands button could possibly be opening up with making it difficult to determine where we stand with 22 PLUS the fact we have BB to act after us who could pop us for more.

As far as the flop, of course once you are in it and have flopped a set you hope to get the best of it, but not every hand are you going to make it pay off even if you do hit.

That was my point for folding preflop. 22 three-handed for a lot of money is a long term losing hand. 22 headsup with no reads out of position is a difficult hand to play.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
C/r flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are properly aggressive, bet/reraise is a good play in this spot.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:48 AM

Sets are a 9:1 proposition. For .75 you need to net $6.75 in profits to break even on the flop and that's assuming your set is good when you flop one.

Now if the raise is a bit less, you weren't out of position and didn't have a BB left to act, I would be playing this hand, but those are three things you have working against you. Add the fact you have no reads on the button and this marginal hand easily becomes a fold. The fact you hit sets once in awhile and make a lot of money is fine, but eight hands out of nine you are not sure where you stand even on what seem like rag flops. Once I understand the botton and his range, I would be more inclined to play 22.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 AM

plz stop saying stupid things like how could you EVER EVER fold? don't be obnoxious, esp if you can't back it up

now this IS at a microstakes table and the players WILL tend to pay off more easily, but folding this in the sb vs an unknown is def ok to do

nytecaster is right in that we still have a person left to act behind us, we have no clue what kind of player button is and we have to win a big pot on average to make this call +EV

for all the fistpumpers: I'd advise you use the search function and find yourselves a couple of threads where playing small pocket pairs have been discussed, so you don't EVER EVER have to make these dumb replies again
Old 08-09-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C/r flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are properly aggressive, bet/reraise is a good play in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with relative position. PF aggressor has players behind him.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:19 PM

PF aggressor is the button. He has no players left behind him on the flop and beyond. If you are looking to pump the pot, a bet is the perfect play to trap the BB. Then the reraise destroys all pure draw implied odds and accomplishes the same thing as the check/raise. You also negate the possible freecard on a flop with two clubs. This was why I preferred the bet/reraise play over the check/raise.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:21 PM

nice line i think, calling with pairs preflop is fine for that raise at these stakes imo
flopping a set is almost always good here
nh
Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 PM

lol. I advise: Top Set Strategy. Standard call preflop that's it. There is no reason to fold.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF aggressor is the button. He has no players left behind him on the flop and beyond. If you are looking to pump the pot, a bet is the perfect play to trap the BB. Then the reraise destroys all pure draw implied odds and accomplishes the same thing as the check/raise. You also negate the possible freecard on a flop with two clubs. This was why I preferred the bet/reraise play over the check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats your sn?