Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: nice draw in pos

[ QUOTE ]
It is a fold, and it is preferable to have fold equity, but banalities like "don't ... put all your money in with a draw" are dead wrong, especially when qualified by "no matter how big it is". Pot odds determine whether we make the call. Period. We don't 'wait for better spots'. This isn't a tournament final table where we have to consider chip value versus dollar value.

Furthermore, the observation that he is pretty aggressive should make us more likely to call with marginal hands, not less. Waiting for a monster is daft.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Rereading my post, I didn't express myself very well. I was just trying to say that this is a pretty marginal situation. I understand that if pot odds imply that we should call, then we should call. I guess I just answered his question without explaining the math behind it, which I assumed would have been obvious.

Also, in general, yeah I agree that we should be willing to play in more marginal situations with aggressive opponents. But I don't think we're ahead here very often, and because of the size of the opponents bet, we're not getting odds to chase. I'm not willing to play this pot with this guy if I know that I him to make similar plays when I have the edge.

Anyway, thanks for correcting me. I’m new to posting on forums, and I’ll try to be more careful when I make a post.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: nice draw in pos

gambooooooooooooool