Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Quixtar/ multi-level marketing

There is an e-book written by an ex-emerald from Amway.

You can get the book for free at his website http://www.merchantsofdeception.com

Basically he talks about his starting with the company, his rise, and then his falling out. Very interesting material.

My view on Amway/Quixtar def changed after reading it. If you are at all interested in the company or "the business", I would read it.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:45 AM

yeah i had a friend who actually showed me how to scam the amway people.

just buy my CH3AP Eb00k for QU1XT4R SEEECRTS!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:11 AM

my friend does quixtar, or i should say former friend. we still talk but he seems a lot faker since he started the business. Quixtar is all about creating the image of the life you want to attain and making it sound simple to get you pumped. They compare their business to a combination or Ray Crock's "franchising" and Sam Walton's "cutting out the middle man" techniques. Believe it is not easy. People always start out with initial excitement at the thought of "early retirement" and then gradually give up on their dream once they found out how much effort it will actually take. They also call on you to "reformat" yourself with books and tapes and following a specific plan. My friend who has been doing Quixtar for about 4 years now is probably bringing in about 800 dollars/month. When he was trying to get me involved with the business he claimed he was going to be retired about 2 years ago.

He got me to go to a rally by claiming that I would get my money back if i didnt want to do the business. I sat through some of the most boring [censored] I had ever heard in my life. I told him that I wasn't going to do the business and i wanted my money back. He said "oh, that would be coming out of my pocket". I said "i dont [censored] care". over the next 2 years i was forced to steal my money back little by little (which made me feel like an ass). He may make some money out of the whole thing, but it cost him all his friends and a great college experience.

It's not supposed to be pyramid scheme since the payout works off of differentials. Anyone can pass up anyone above them if they work hard enough. If you ask me this is a technicality. The people also go out of their way to say why Amway failed and why Quixtar will succeed, using such reasons as internet and improvements in shipping. Honestly, I think Quixtar can work but you have to find enough crazy people willing to work as hard as my friend and then you have to get them to find the same type of people for their own business. After a month of not having people like my dbag friend you begin to get discouraged and the big dreams of wealth that you had initially envisioned begin to come crashing down.