Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Official August Thread: General Discussion, butterfingers/etc

[ QUOTE ]
lol who died and made MDMA king of MSNL? I realise I am am new here+drunk but he seems a total tool. He may be a good coach or w/e but i rather not be coahed by a sum1 who tells every1 they suck ass aqt the game of poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious a shortstacker sucks at teh poker. Anyone can play a decent shortstack strategy, but if you focus purely on that then you'll never learn anything else.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:50 PM

IMSAKIDD: simple answer to your pleas. no we will not respect you as a poker player. you amuse us sometimes, annoy us most of the time, you are basically just a small annoyance we can't get rid of. I hope I speak for everyone when I say that I almost think of you of less than human, just a leech on our games, not really playing, just an extra rake that is there to f with us. You don't play the kind of poker that any self-respecting poker player could think of as anything more than repulsive. You don't deserve respect. btw, I'm not really with MDMA on this one, I don't think poker was designed to be played a certain way. Your style isn't wrong. But don't ask for respect, or even to not be disrespected. You've chosen to do this and you have to live with it. You deserve all the criticism you get. We discuss poker on this forum, and in mine and most people's opinion you don't really play it.

who the [censored] cares how "the game was originally designed" or "the spirit of the game"? the values you're trying to defend here (and are treating as obvious) are pretty ludicrous. i'm not playing this game (and i doubt anyone else is) with some kind of subsconscious allegiance toward its rules or some kind of chivalrous pride in defending the "spirit of poker." if i could make 2x much money shortstacking as i could playing full i'd do it in a heartbeat, and i honestly think almost any other player would. your argument really is nonsense on stilts; there is nothing fundamentally wrong with shortstacking.

by the way it is absolutely [censored] RIDICULOUS to say that it is my responsibility as a poker player to make skill the ultimate decider of my winrate, such that people who are more "skilled" than me will always make more money than me and it is my responsibility to accept that - is it not the most BASIC concept of poker to make plays that neutralize differences in skill and thus maximize one's own EV? the size of your stack doesn't [censored] matter, it's the same thing. your argument about the "spirit of poker" entailing that i should not go out of my way to try to neutralize the difference in skill is just simply absurd.

Sigh. just had to quit a 2/4 table playing against a 53/9, 53/5, and a 46/8.

Managed to lose money.

God i really suck at poker now and need to find a way to get better. July was my first losing month in a year but all i do is grind out hands at a [censored] win rate when I should be having five figure months.

I guess I just don't get it after playing 800k or so hands lifetime.

Btw, whoever is -treble hook-...i hate u

DrSues02
Old 08-08-2007, 11:05 PM

ipokedher: glad to see you are a moron

mdma's whole point is that if everyone shortstacked, there'd be no games at all - fish or no fish.

he also happens to be right. go ahead, make twice what you make full-stacking - you will still be a leech on the poker community and a second-class citizen.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard he coaches!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:15 PM

I'm registering a new bank acct for withdraws, and don't remember the SWIFT info I used last time. Is the SWIFT code the same as the routing #, if not where can I find it?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mdma's whole point is that if everyone shortstacked, there'd be no games at all - fish or no fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok? what does this have to do with anything, who is this directed towards, and how is it supposed to further any argument?

[ QUOTE ]
he also happens to be right. go ahead, make twice what you make full-stacking - you will still be a leech on the poker community and a second-class citizen.

[/ QUOTE ]
... a leech on the poker community lol? the point of poker is to leech off of other people. trying to dignify the game of fullstacked poker as a chivalrous competitive affair but then shortstacking is suddenly vile and pathetic is just absurd self-delusion. i'm not advocating shortstacking. i'm saying that your arguments against it are ridiculous and invalid.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm registering a new bank acct for withdraws, and don't remember the SWIFT info I used last time. Is the SWIFT code the same as the routing #, if not where can I find it?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

I found mine just by going to their website and searching
Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 PM

MDMA why do you even bother with most of these guys, you are just wastin your time man.
Closed Thread