Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Tournament Circuit Basics

My problems with the Circuit events and sats are that they are short stack donkey shovefests...

I played 3 of the circuits and 2 of the WPT events (cashed in 2 circuits events and have NOT been impressed with the structures. The WPT events/Sats have a LOT of play in them, and the fact that WPT offers sats generally pay 2 spots also is a plus for me.

I also played at the Ballys Circuit event too and it was also structurally challenged 1500 chips w. (starting blinds of 25/50 just sucks.)

The only time I saw a playable structure at the circuit was when they ran the 500 single table sng's w 3k in chips and starting blinds of 25/50, and I think either 25 min or 30 min levels.

So for me WPT events tend to be better for prelims especially in Tunica and Vegas. If you are going to make $$ cash games and sats are the richest pools of $$$ if you can pick your tables wisely....
Old 08-08-2007, 02:49 PM

Except that sats aren't money making because you can't sell lammers for WPT events.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Except that sats aren't money making because you can't sell lammers for WPT events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe YOU can't but I've never had any trouble selling them in tunica, or Vegas. They just ask that you don't hang in front of the cage pestering people.