Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Winstar trip report

2/5 is my game, and if you pick your table right it's beatable everytime. Okay, I can always count on a trip to winstar to put a quick $1000 in my pocket -- not last night though, not last night....

First hand last night:

I'm in middle position with $400 in with As 9d, two limpers in front of me, two limpers behind, small blind raises to $35. Big blind folds, limpers in front of me fold, I call, two limpers behind me fold.

Now normally I wouldn't call this, but this table seemed a bit wack ( 4 stacks below two hundred, 4 stack above 2000) and the small blind who raised was sitting with about 800 and had a real pissed off look on his face. He also seemed like a big cowboy who loved to gamble (my kind of texan) so I figured since I had position on him I just might be able to make a killing.

Flop comes 8 9 5 rainbow. Small blind bets $90 almost immediately. I get a sense that I'm good here, and figure he's completely bluffing or has AK. I'm about to raise but figure this aggressive cowboy will pay me big on the turn if it's a blank so I call. Turn is 7 and cowboy goes all in. I insta call and he turns over K 9. River is a blank, my A 9 is good and puts me at $800.

Next few hands:

I grind away working my way up to $900 for about an hour. A lot of the big stacks start leaving the table, leaving a lot of tight players with around 200 - 400 left. However a new crazy Indian or Pakistani guy who plays every hand joined us. He busts out of his first 500 in a few minutes, and rebuys and manages to get up to 600 (good job), then we go heads up.

Hand with crazy guy. I'm in big blind with A K, crazy guy in middle position. One limper then crazy guy raises (like always) to about $20. One caller after him. I raise up to $50, and crazy guy calls other guy folds. Flop comes A 9 8, I know I have this bastard so I think for a minute then bet $75. Crazy man immediately raises to $150. Without hesition I smile and push My remaining $800 in. Crazy guy insta calls and flips over A Q -- I got the [censored] completely dominated. Turn is 10, River is J. Board is A 8 9 10 J. He has a straight. I lose the $1200 pot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Later hands: I still have $300 and manage to get up to $400 (my original buy in) in a few hands when a confluence of factors put me on tilt (which happens rarely). Crazy guy leaves table, as does other big stack. Remaining players are tight bitter old men and drunks with small stacks. Very depressing mood to add to my very depressing beat. We're also playing short handed. Secondly, this fat and hideous hag gets seated next to me; reaks of BO; obv an OK native. Thirdly, the food service is horrible this night and the floor manager seems drunk. Takes literally 1.5 hours to get a drink. I lose my discipline and just donk away my money -- matusow style. I decide not to rebuy and make the drive back to Texas in pure disgust. Swear I'll never return to OK -- forgetting about the dozens of successful trips. Swear to myself that poker as a hobby is a terrible thing. That i don't hav ethe discipline to do it, and I should either quit or dedicate to playing full time professionally. I decide to
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Winstar trip report

Good report and the honesty at the end is what most people never admit in trip reports.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:41 PM

We're also playing short handed. Secondly, this fat and hideous hag gets seated next to me; reaks of BO; obv an OK native.

LOL
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're also playing short handed. Secondly, this fat and hideous hag gets seated next to me; reaks of BO; obv an OK native.

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Being from Kansas and now living in Texas this is just too hilarious.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:06 PM

" Secondly, this fat and hideous hag gets seated next to me; reaks of BO; obv an OK native. "

NH Sir [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM

"However a new crazy Indian or Pakistani guy who plays every hand joined us."

If he has glasses and no facial hair, he's Iranian. There's a difference in the accents that's obvious if you know a few Iranian people. And I hate that guy too, when he plays 4/8.