Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB (Choose 2)
Portis (@Houston) 17 48.57%
Kevin Jones (GB) 8 22.86%
Fred Taylor (@Ind) 9 25.71%
R. Droughns (Balt) 0 0%
D. McAllister (Atl) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: P5\'s top donk-n-go player is going pro

Okay, folks, I'm seriously done with this thread.

Obviously I can't get any respect unless I twelve-table $50 SNGs at 40% ROI while playing every hand perfectly. Even then, I'd be called a liar. LOL

Obviously, I just suck at poker, lie all the time, and play like crap, and I'm the biggest lucksack in modern history. All of my successful students are also a bunch of lucksacks with no clue too.

GG, I'm out. I may see ya all in STTF some day, but not here. OT at p5s>>>>>>>>>>BBV
Old 08-08-2007, 06:23 PM

pl 8/b sng for rollz? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm supposed to understand what that means but I don't have a clue

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that any way you slice it, my results are good, and that you should offer me more respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP YA DUMB 3-HOLER
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jennifear,

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember the hand in question. My best guess (and this may be off)is that I was trying to keep the pot small in a situation where I wasn't sure if I was best or not. I don't like my river bet no matter what the case is, but hey, I've made millions of decisions playing poker and I'm sure it's not the only mistake I've made. One hand doesn't define a poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed that you correctly identified the river bet as a problem with this hand. However, you did miss some additional problems with the turn bet, the flop bet, and the preflop raise. While those are all significant, as well, I'm sure it will encourage you to know that you played the rest of the hand fine.

Although I'm probably not qualified to offer any comments on BB's range in this hand, especially not if it is TT+, I am, nonetheless, available for coaching at an attractive hourly rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adanthar,

The preflop raise was standard and in this case necessary. Playing it any other way here is weak. I'm curious to see how you would have played that differently. Saying that this play was bad makes zero sense whatsoever.

The flop bet is a standard c-bet with an attempt built in to see where I was in the hand. Betting more than half the pot against a low-limit player who isn't going to reraise with nothing is spew. I certainly price out the five-outer. What would you suggest here instead? Saying that this play was bad makes zero sense whatsoever as well.

It's possible that the turn bet was of dual purpose, to keep the pot small/block in a spot where I wasn't sure if I was ahead, as well as get a "reaction read" to a small and crazy bet. I'm not sure if that was my intention at the time, but that line makes sense as well.

About the TT reference, I'm good enough to fold TT when it's a close decision. I have a skill advantage over the rest of the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, every single word of this response is a glass of satisfying lmaonade
Old 08-08-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar,

The preflop raise was standard and in this case necessary. Playing it any other way here is weak. I'm curious to see how you would have played that differently. Saying that this play was bad makes zero sense whatsoever.

The flop bet is a standard c-bet with an attempt built in to see where I was in the hand. Betting more than half the pot against a low-limit player who isn't going to reraise with nothing is spew. I certainly price out the five-outer. What would you suggest here instead? Saying that this play was bad makes zero sense whatsoever as well.

It's possible that the turn bet was of dual purpose, to keep the pot small/block in a spot where I wasn't sure if I was ahead, as well as get a "reaction read" to a small and crazy bet. I'm not sure if that was my intention at the time, but that line makes sense as well.

About the TT reference, I'm good enough to fold TT when it's a close decision. I have a skill advantage over the rest of the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jennifear,

Get some coaching. You'll need it. There is no sarcasm attached to this post.

[ QUOTE ]
maybe she only plays two tables because she has to maintain a high ROI so p5ers and noobs are like "ZOMG!!!! ur the best low stakes SNG player ever coach me for 100$/hr please!!!!!!"

If I didnt know anything about poker I'd go for the teacher who had a 35% ROI in 1,000 STT one tabling then someone who had a 15% in 1,000 STT 16 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually it's $37.25/hr. Didn't you at least check out her website hoping for pics?

she really came to BBV looking for respek? LOL, that's so crazy only a p5er would do that.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 PM

lololol i meant win thanks to answer b, and your story has wayyyyy too many holes
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, folks, I'm seriously done with this thread.

Obviously I can't get any respect unless I twelve-table $50 SNGs at 40% ROI while playing every hand perfectly. Even then, I'd be called a liar. LOL

Obviously, I just suck at poker, lie all the time, and play like crap, and I'm the biggest lucksack in modern history. All of my successful students are also a bunch of lucksacks with no clue too.

GG, I'm out. I may see ya all in STTF some day, but not here. OT at p5s>>>>>>>>>>BBV

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, finally

"oh noes people on teh internets think I'm a bad playa!"
Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 PM

The various poker forums are kinda like American Idol.

P5s = Paula
Love everyone, everyone is great, can't we all get along kinda of stuff

2+2 = Simon
Hate everyone, everyone sucks at poker and at life, keeping expectations in check

I haven't yet figured out who Randy is.

If you want "respect" just go back to P5s, because you're not going to find it here. At least not until you've had a $100k month. I hang around here because I like the cold truth without a sugar coating.

Best of luck to you.