Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Hevad \"RaiNKhAN\" Khan joins team PokerStars

Nath, source:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post11431794
Old 08-08-2007, 05:43 PM

The way he gestures his arms when he says he's good at basketball is great.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:51 PM

I say congrats and I can't believe people are judging him because he got more airtime due to his personality. obv people that played with him think its an act, ask his friends not the guys he pwned at the tables.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 PM

I was a big fan of Rain until I read that basically he was turning on and off his act for the camera.

Just being joyfully spastic is awesome. Faking being spastic to get attention, that's lame.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:02 PM

rain acts the same way he does on the tables 24/7.

ive sat in a hotel room with him while he played sngs and he was screaming at the screen QUEEN OR A FOUR QUEEN OR A FOUR FOUR OR A QUEEN QUEEN OR A FOUR DINNGGGGGGGG THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU CYA LATERRRRRR CYA LATERRRRRR at the monitor when it was just us 2 in the room. he is 100% genuine and is a very fun and excitable person.

very happy to hear this news for him, but also pretty pissed at stars for not offering me any sort of sponsorship (and in fact denying me sponsorship when i asked if i could be sponsored for monte carlo) and not putting me into any events
Old 08-08-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a big fan of Rain until I read that basically he was turning on and off his act for the camera.

Just being joyfully spastic is awesome. Faking being spastic to get attention, that's lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one can hang with rain for over 20 mins and even think he's faking being spastic.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM

Yuv,

He might be spastic IRL, but the accounts in this thread describe him putting on a show for the cameras. That's a big part of the reason a lot of people think he's a real douchebag: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

Temp Hutter: "I am not sure why people think this guy's behavior is awesome. From what I witnessed first hand:

He busts a player and yells out at the top of his lungs to attract the cameras and reporters over to his table. Once they get there and the cameras are on him he stands up and starts doing some goofy dance. Meanwhile the guy he just busted is collecting his things and shaking hands with some of the players that he has been with for several hours. It is a lonely feeling when you get knocked out of the main event. The eliminated player attempts to shake the hand of khan, but khan is too busy waving his hands in the air and gyrating his hips while he makes some strange monkey noises to even notice the eliminated player.

the only people enjoying this display were the media. Every player within ear shot was disgusted with this behavior. Put yourself in the shoes of the eliminated player and tell me you would enjoy watching him act this way as you walk out of the tournament area. "

La Brujita: "I played with him in the main event, and while talking to him during the breaks found him to be a very nice guy.

But as we got deeper (and we had moved to different tables) I saw him act as poorly as anyone I've ever seen live.

He would scream so the cameras came, then act as crazy as possible to get media attention.

Everyone at my table was disgusted by how he acted.

It was remarkably disrespectful to the eliminated players."

La Brujita:"i played with him before the cameras and he was a bit excitable on day 1, but on day 2 evening as a big stack (he was at the table next to me with gus and sorel), he would wait for the cameras and then start dancing and screaming.

me jc tran and this irish dude who ft'd the me a few years back all shook our heads in disgust."
Old 08-08-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rain acts the same way he does on the tables 24/7.

ive sat in a hotel room with him while he played sngs and he was screaming at the screen QUEEN OR A FOUR QUEEN OR A FOUR FOUR OR A QUEEN QUEEN OR A FOUR DINNGGGGGGGG THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU CYA LATERRRRRR CYA LATERRRRRR at the monitor when it was just us 2 in the room. he is 100% genuine and is a very fun and excitable person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, on a related note, I'd think it would be extremely annoying to be in a hotel room with someone like that, but maybe that's just me.

[ QUOTE ]
very happy to hear this news for him, but also pretty pissed at stars for not offering me any sort of sponsorship (and in fact denying me sponsorship when i asked if i could be sponsored for monte carlo) and not putting me into any events

[/ QUOTE ]

They've done worse to other PCA Winners.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM

i'm not arguing, El D. It's not like we're IRL friends and I'm protecting him. I've met him a few times on the circut and hung out with him a bit. He seemed like a lot of fun, although I'll probably couldn't stand his spasm for long period of times.

I didn't think he was acting like that for the cameras, since he's crazy enough to act like that regardless.

He might have acted like a douchebag, I was never at his tables or within a table of him. but he's def not one in general.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:17 PM

shaniac,

"They've done worse to other PCA Winners."

!?