Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB (Choose 2)
Portis (@Houston) 17 48.57%
Kevin Jones (GB) 8 22.86%
Fred Taylor (@Ind) 9 25.71%
R. Droughns (Balt) 0 0%
D. McAllister (Atl) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: P5\'s top donk-n-go player is going pro

The reason people play poker for a living is for money. I always thought STT's were about the $/hr you can make.

You are making way less per hour than many of the STT pros here just to support your impressive ROI, I don't get it. I'd much rather 10 table at 12% roi than 3-4 table at 25%. If I 10 table, 10 sets a day at 12% roi, if the average set is an hour.. which it isn't.. that's 13.2$/hr for the $11's

You're only going to be at $10 an hour for 4 tabling, even less for 3. So someone less than 1/2 as good as you is making more $. These disparities are going to widen even more as the buy in increases.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:43 PM

maybe she only plays two tables because she has to maintain a high ROI so p5ers and noobs are like "ZOMG!!!! ur the best low stakes SNG player ever coach me for 100$/hr please!!!!!!"

If I didnt know anything about poker I'd go for the teacher who had a 35% ROI in 1,000 STT one tabling then someone who had a 15% in 1,000 STT 16 tabling.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason people play poker for a living is for money. I always thought STT's were about the $/hr you can make.

You are making way less per hour than many of the STT pros here just to support your impressive ROI, I don't get it. I'd much rather 10 table at 12% roi than 3-4 table at 25%. If I 10 table, 10 sets a day at 12% roi, if the average set is an hour.. which it isn't.. that's 13.2$/hr for the $11's

You're only going to be at $10 an hour for 4 tabling, even less for 3. So someone less than 1/2 as good as you is making more $. These disparities are going to widen even more as the buy in increases.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad you brought that up. Until last year, I wasn't able to do more than 2-3 at a time at all. At this time, I think my maximum profitability is 6-8 tabling, so 12 tabling would cut into my hourly rate. I'm just not that good at multitabling 12+ tables yet. Though I'm certain this will change as I become more practiced, I also find playing 8 or more very stressful and capable of burning me out fast, so I play 4 at a time, which I am able to do with full reads. I do depend on reads a lot at this time. I agree that I could acheive a bigger hourly by playing more tables, over time, which is something I am working at. However, It's my opinion that playing fewer tables and observing the hands as they go increases the learning curve faster than 12+ tabling. In the meantime, I am willing to sacrifice some money now, for the ability to learn the game better and make more money later.

In addition, I should bring up that I don't play less tables for the express purpose of boosting my ROI, though I am glad it has that effect.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, whatever. I posted this back in STT back in May when some other random Jennifear thread came up. Enjoy...

She does have a 100% ITM and 182% ROI in the Stars $114's (5 played). Also, 41% ITM and 54% ROI in 17 $60's. That's almost 75% of her total profits in Stars 9-man turbos right there. Sustainable?

Also, yay 1-tabling!

LOL at me for wasting most of my Sharkscope searches today on this.

In case anyone's interested, I found this hand in my database, showing you how experts extract value with weak top pair in position.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t1540)
BB (t1255)
UTG (t1655)
UTG+1 (t3300)
Hero (t1570)
MP2 (t1425)
CO (t1415)
Button PunkinBear (t1340)

Preflop:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t50, 3 folds, Button :#A500AF(PunkinBear)/ raises to t200, 1 fold, BB calls t150, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (t475) Q, A, 2 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t225, BB calls t225.

Turn: (t925) 5 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t57, BB calls t57.

River: (t1039) 7 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t56, BB calls t56.

Final Pot: t1151

BB has Ks Qh (one pair, queens).
PunkinBear has Ac 8c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: PunkinBear wins t1151.

[/ QUOTE ]

Venetian,

I respect your game greatly and I don't see the need for you to do anything less than respect mine the same.

Your average profit per SNG: $2.
My average profit per SNG: $7.
I four table and you twelve-table.

2x12=You make $24 per 12-table session.
7x4=I make $28 per four table session.

Please get off my case about volume until you can make more money in a twelve game session than I can in a four game session. As of now, you can't. Please show me some respect. I've earned it.

I don't remember the hand in question. My best guess (and this may be off)is that I was trying to keep the pot small in a situation where I wasn't sure if I was best or not. I don't like my river bet no matter what the case is, but hey, I've made millions of decisions playing poker and I'm sure it's not the only mistake I've made. One hand doesn't define a poker player.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:54 PM

Jennicide,
Your ass is kind of flat somehow.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, whatever. I posted this back in STT back in May when some other random Jennifear thread came up. Enjoy...

She does have a 100% ITM and 182% ROI in the Stars $114's (5 played). Also, 41% ITM and 54% ROI in 17 $60's. That's almost 75% of her total profits in Stars 9-man turbos right there. Sustainable?

Also, yay 1-tabling!

LOL at me for wasting most of my Sharkscope searches today on this.

In case anyone's interested, I found this hand in my database, showing you how experts extract value with weak top pair in position.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t1540)
BB (t1255)
UTG (t1655)
UTG+1 (t3300)
Hero (t1570)
MP2 (t1425)
CO (t1415)
Button PunkinBear (t1340)

Preflop:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t50, 3 folds, Button :#A500AF(PunkinBear)/ raises to t200, 1 fold, BB calls t150, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (t475) Q, A, 2 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t225, BB calls t225.

Turn: (t925) 5 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t57, BB calls t57.

River: (t1039) 7 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t56, BB calls t56.

Final Pot: t1151

BB has Ks Qh (one pair, queens).
PunkinBear has Ac 8c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: PunkinBear wins t1151.

[/ QUOTE ]

Venetian,

I respect your game greatly and I don't see the need for you to do anything less than respect mine the same.

Your average profit per SNG: $2.
My average profit per SNG: $7.
I four table and you twelve-table.

2x12=You make $24 per 12-table session.
7x4=I make $28 per four table session.

Please get off my case about volume until you can make more money in a twelve game session than I can in a four game session. As of now, you can't. Please show me some respect. I've earned it.

I don't remember the hand in question. My best guess (and this may be off)is that I was trying to keep the pot small in a situation where I wasn't sure if I was best or not. I don't like my river bet no matter what the case is, but hey, I've made millions of decisions playing poker and I'm sure it's not the only mistake I've made. One hand doesn't define a poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, owned
Old 08-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Jennifear,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed that you correctly identified the river bet as a problem with this hand. However, you did miss some additional problems with the turn bet, the flop bet, and the preflop raise. While those are all significant, as well, I'm sure it will encourage you to know that you played the rest of the hand fine.

Although I'm probably not qualified to offer any comments on BB's range in this hand, especially not if it is TT+, I am, nonetheless, available for coaching at an attractive hourly rate.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, owned

[/ QUOTE ]

The post wasn't about proving superiority. I am quite possibly NOT superior to The_Venetian's game. I just got sick of him flaming me (it's been three times now), so I wished to prove that I was worthy of his respect. I agree that I made a good case.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM

75% of your profit is really from 17 sngs? Doesn't that really throw everything out the window about sustainability and 30% rois?

I'm just curious.. I don't have a subscription to sharkscope so I can't filter like others can. What is the roi for sngs below 55?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, owned

[/ QUOTE ]

The post wasn't about proving superiority. I am quite possibly NOT superior to The_Venetian's game. I just got sick of him flaming me (it's been three times now), so I wished to prove that I was worthy of his respect. I agree that I made a good case.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you're still a joke. sorry.

and venetian, you're still playing 16s? no offense bro, but come on.