View Poll Results: Which?
Forum chooses a song for us both to parody, the rest is up to us 12 80.00%
Forum chooses a theme for the parodies, but we choose our own songs. 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: uNL odds quiz

1-3 call
4-5 fold

I call hand 1. The cold call tells me almost exactly what BB (JJ/QQ/AK)has, and it's the kind of thing that can win me 2 stacks on some flops. Sure it's thin, but it's the kind of easy thin I can live with. It's even somewhat possible that I'll see 4 cards for free. I don't really care whether button comes long or not, but they probably will at this point.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 PM

The results of hand 1 scare me.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:16 PM

Hand 1: Easy fold for me. These guys aren't deep enough to play a set against that 3-bet.

Hand 2: I'm gonna embarass myself and attempt to add this all up. Lets see, pot is about $67, it's $35 back to you to call. Need slightly better than 2:1, as you've stated (I believe) we're gonna need a straight to win this. I voted fold.

Hand 3: Call $26.50 to win $45... with two overs and a flush I like this call, especially if villian is tilting to you, but against an unknown I couldn't be sure my flush outs were good. I'd call with AK of spades, but might let this go with QJs- against an unknown. As presented this is my only call of the 5.

Hand 4: This seems the most obvious fold. Pot is too small, and flush draw + gut shot certainly not worth it.

Hand 5: I voted fold, but not sure. Certainly your TP isn't good here. Unlikely BB has a set, I think lame overpair 77-JJ, but could be on the flush draw. I put UTG on a QQ+ here. I guess is all comes down to how clean you think your OESD outs are. On a rainbow board I'd say easy call, but with the flush draw out there I'm nervous. This one is the toughest for me.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Hand 1: I fold here because the button is behind me, he could have a big hand and re-pop it basically making us throw away $9.

Hand 2: Fold, pot odds are bad + villain could have AKh which is nearly a flip, or he's got a set.

Hand 3: Don't have a calc on me, or want to take time to do it right now, but looks like we've got the odds to call here.

Hand 4: Chuck it against shorty, no need to play like a moran here.

Hand 5: Getting like 2.4-1 here, which is enough for a call, the OESD + pair combo is really only threatened here by sets or A5h type hands (over + 5h).
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM

I fold hand 1 because the odds are not so good and when the BTN calls, there are 4 people on the flop. I don't believe anyone is going to get stacked easily when there are 4 people on the flop.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 PM

Hand 1: call
Hands 2-5: fold
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Hand 2: easy call. You need to pay $35 to win €100. You have 45% equity.

Hand 3: I'll call because there's so much money in the pot on the flop already. Even when you have only 30% equity against CO it's a good call I think. For the sidepot you're flipping against BB, which is probably 50/50.

Hand 4: fold. There's no money in the pot and you have a weak draw.

Hand 5: You have to pay $21.5 to win a $70 pot. That's 30%. I think you have more than 35% equity here, so I call.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM

hand 1- fold

hand 2- meh- i thought it was a call at first but i missed the 2 heart board--- given that his range can include a multitude of combo draws and not just sets and overpairs this drastically reduces our "outs"--- so i say fold

hand 3-- pretty easy call I think

hand 4-- heat of the moment-- call--- review--- fold

hand 5-- easy fold
Old 08-08-2007, 02:41 PM

OK. I answered Hand 1 wrong because I misread the stack sizes. I thought that the button was 3 betting and had us covered. However the fact that the three bet is coming from the SB means it is a def fold.

We are going to have to call 6.50 and the SB will only have ~42 behind. Thats like 7.5:1 and we need 11.x to one. With a player left to act after our call this is a clear fold.

Sorry I made baby Jesus cry. But he is the king of forgiveness.

+EV
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM

whats the rule on pocket pairs? 5/10? 10/5? Anyone know what im talking about?

Whatever the rule is, it applies here